"Vader" Certainly Isn't Any Prettier

johnbuckley

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/13/2019 at 7:37 AM, Chaemono said:

Bud, of course, like Helge said. But don't get overly excited, yet. If it has 47 MPx, I will cancel my order.

Why would you cancel your order if it has a 47 MPX sensor without seeing the reviews?

Regards,

Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb LocalHero1953:

- Face detect recognises people with beards! I recently shot a one-man musical where face detect didn't recognise him at all because he had a big beard. In the same light it had no trouble picking out the show director etc.

The S1R has animal detect. Let’s hope the SL2 adapts it. 😂

vor 51 Minuten schrieb budjames:

Why would you cancel your order if it has a 47 MPX sensor without seeing the reviews?

Regards,

Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

I’ve seen the reviews. They are called the Q2/S1R reviews. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, Chaemono said:

I’ve seen the reviews. They are called the Q2/S1R reviews. 😁

That would suggest, for instance, that digital MF bodies from Fuji, Hasselblad and Pentax, which used basically the same Sony sensor, had the same output and didn’t merit separate attention.  It’s not all about the sensor, let alone myriad other distinctions between bodies. Implementation matters.  

That said, deficiencies in photo output these days, using any high end gear, are primarily user related.

Jeff

• Like 5

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Jeff S:

That would suggest, for instance, that digital MF bodies from Fuji, Hasselblad and Pentax, which used basically the same Sony sensor, had the same output and didn’t merit separate attention. [...]

Jeff

They all take different lenses natively. So, in the image quality section of their reviews there’s always a discussion about the difference in bokeh balls. 😁

6 hours ago, Chaemono said:

They all take different lenses natively. So, in the image quality section of their reviews there’s always a discussion about the difference in bokeh balls. 😁

Just as the Q2, S1R and SL2 use different lenses natively.  Reviews, as usual, are varied and support any bias one might have.

Jeff

2 hours ago, Fedro said:

I know! I had not checked for a while and not sure how this got to 41 pages

Rumour, stacked on speculation, topped with wishlist.

The release will be so much more interesting, and the camera will sell well despite being roundly criticised almost everywhere.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

And I’d like a dollar for every person buying the SL2 after declaring that there’s no reason to even consider it given their SL delight. Always entertaining.

Jeff

yeah, and with all those dollars you might be able to buy something from the Leica catalogue, like a...well, like a...well.... 😐