dusuacangmong

Q After a few shots, it warm up a little bit and don't record images when shoot.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Have anyone exp this:

I don't shoot my Q much ( not daily ), many be 1 times/week, the rest is i put it in the humidity closet.

Then i take out and go shooting, after couples of shot, about 20 30 shot, camera start warm up, seem it freeze from record images, you push the shutter button but actually they don't work, and all the images is not record from that moment ( when you start feel the cam is warm up).

Turn off the cam don't work, have to take the battery out and push back, everything is back to normal.

I've read somewhere else this issue cause by battery, or long times you don't use Q, then it freeze when use. is it right? Normal to Q?

What is the temperature in the humidity closet and in what sort of temperatures are you taking photos?

Stephen

Sometimes your camera is ok.   I think it is possible that your sdcard is causing problems.   If the camera is attempting to write an image to a bad card, the symptoms would be similar.   So.... you should put a fresh sdcard in the camera and immediately format it in the camera.    Then shoot and watch to see if the fault is still there.  If the fault disappears, you’ll know it’s your original card.  If the fault remains then it isn’t the card.

solving problems is best done by eliminating possibilities one at a time! Always test for faults with a fully charged battery.

what SDcards do you have.   (Make, size and speed)

have you formatted the cards in your camera?

Edited by lucerne

4 hours ago, Stephen_C said:

What is the temperature in the humidity closet and in what sort of temperatures are you taking photos?

Stephen

around 28-30*C. Humidity 35-40

1 hour ago, lucerne said:

Sometimes your camera is ok.   I think it is possible that your sdcard is causing problems.   If the camera is attempting to write an image to a bad card, the symptoms would be similar.   So.... you should put a fresh sdcard in the camera and immediately format it in the camera.    Then shoot and watch to see if the fault is still there.  If the fault disappears, you’ll know it’s your original card.  If the fault remains then it isn’t the card.

solving problems is best done by eliminating possibilities one at a time! Always test for faults with a fully charged battery.

what SDcards do you have.   (Make, size and speed)

have you formatted the cards in your camera?

Yes, i think the SD card problem. I just bough a new 128gb (150mb/s, normal sd card) sandisk and not format it before use.

Do you met this issue before?

Edited by dusuacangmong

Humidity is very unlikely. I travel Asia and other forum members do the same. 

Now, you must format that new Sandisk in your camera.  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you take the shots quickly in continuous mode, you may be waiting on the buffer to clear. If you're snapping one-at-a-time, slowly, and it still is freezing, it's likely a bad SD card as has been suggested.

6 hours ago, dusuacangmong said:

around 28-30*C. Humidity 35-40

Yes, i think the SD card problem. I just bough a new 128gb (150mb/s, normal sd card) sandisk and not format it before use.

Do you met this issue before?

You must format in the camera. That avoids problems like this.

30 minutes ago, dusuacangmong said:

Thank you Jappv.

I told you to format your card in the camera 24 hours ago in message #5   Have you formatted the card in your camera?    

Have you?

I had a similar problem with my new Q P,  with an SD card that had been formatted in camera. Someone on this forum recommended the use of downloaded software called SD Card Formatter by Tuxera Inc. Formatting the same SD card in this way solved the problem.

3 minutes ago, jwillyf said:

I had a similar problem with my new Q P,  with an SD card that had been formatted in camera. Someone on this forum recommended the use of downloaded software called SD Card Formatter by Tuxera Inc. Formatting the same SD card in this way solved the problem.

Formate in camera......... sorted

2 hours ago, lucerne said:

I told you to format your card in the camera 24 hours ago in message #5   Have you formatted the card in your camera?    

Have you?

Chill bro chill