leica q-p display and evf

quesi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, quesi said:

So, because the Repair Center told me its the auto white balance i was trying all white balance settings and always ended up with the same results.

i googled and found that the pixelation are compression artifacts.

all i had to do was, set it on JPG+DNG and the preview looks alright now but not 100% good. 

Thanks to all

Exactly as i suggested earlier.   I hope you will be happy with the leica compromise.

16 minutes ago, lucerne said:

Exactly as i suggested earlier.   I hope you will be happy with the leica compromise.

yes the compressed preview files are in the dng.

not happy but its not a big deal i just have to delete alotta jpegs in future :)

is this already different on Q2? or same?

Really hope the update will fix that!

best,...

First, I copy all raw files and jpg files from the SDcard to two independent folders on my MacBook connected external hard drive. I then select all jpgs and delete them with one click.  It is an extra step we could do without.  However, another option, by first having those jpgs it is quick and convenient to review every shot and maybe reduce the quantity of raw files at the same time.  

I don’t import all shots into Lightroom ((or other processor).  I keep my image files externally and completely separate from the application until I import selected ones.  That ensures that if the software company (adobe etc) changes the availability  or functionality of its product, I still have my original raw files.    I can also change my desktop/laptop internal storage without fuss or  risk.

some users have a further physical backup file store and some have cloud storage/backup.

this strategy was recommended by another forum member and I think it is a logical one.

Edited by lucerne

2 hours ago, lucerne said:

First, I copy all raw files and jpg files from the SDcard to two independent folders on my MacBook connected external hard drive. I then select all jpgs and delete them with one click.  It is an extra step we could do without.  However, another option, by first having those jpgs it is quick and convenient to review every shot and maybe reduce the quantity of raw files at the same time.  

I don’t import all shots into Lightroom ((or other processor).  I keep my image files externally and completely separate from the application until I import selected ones.  That ensures that if the software company (adobe etc) changes the availability  or functionality of its product, I still have my original raw files.    I can also change my desktop/laptop internal storage without fuss or  risk.

some users have a further physical backup file store and some have cloud storage/backup.

this strategy was recommended by another forum member and I think it is a logical one.

i used a similar workflow lately since i have to deal with those jpg's :) indeed the pre selection got faster thanks to those jpg's. i always used to say that EVERYTHING in life has its good and bad sides, you just got to figure it out, and here we are. :)

im happy that the jpg's dont even show up in lightroom import, never knew. :) 

yes, im also used to upload only those images to lightroom which i really want to edit. 

cheers.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lucerne said:

I have read on this forum that the DNG format that Adobe uses is a public standard. Switching to another post processing system should not be a problem. I exclusively use Adobe LR and PS and am very happy with them. However, I do want to option of moving to another system if the Adobe situation changes radically. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Leica Guy said:

Switching to another post processing system should not be a problem.

May not be a problem.  DxO PhotoLab, for example, profiles camera and lenses.  If you are using a camera they've never profiled -- my M 262 for example -- the program doesn't even try to demosaic the DNG.  That is the only issue I've run into with Camera Generated DNG files with the 5 or 6 post processing programs I looked at earlier this year.