davidginNYC

London photo walk 14 or 15 September?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I travel frequently to London for work, and often end up staying over a weekend.  I’m doing so again the weekend of the 14-15th of September, so wanted to see if any folks are up for a photo walk (followed by a pint or a dram if you’re up for it).  I haven’t planned anything for the weekend so I’m pretty open right now.  I usually stay in Central London, but don’t mind traveling to other parts of London.

Additionally, my office is in the City so could be up for a quick after-work stroll the week of the 16th as well.

Regards,

David

I would be up for it David, and I think I could possibly coerce a few other London-based folk into joining.  Depends when you want to do it; on Saturday a couple of us wouldn't be able to make it until late afternoon, about 430pm.  If you send me a pm I'll explain further.

Regards

John

Yes 🙂

I may be able to be there Saturday. I was going to travel over on Friday 13th (😱), but I could delay for a day and stop off in London for a few hours on my way down to Devon.

Hi all, and thanks for the replies.  I got pulled into some work things this week so haven’t been keeping up with this thread.  I’ll read through it and reply later today and hopefully we can set something up.  Happy Friday!

David

David seems to have vanished...I'm still up for a meet if anybody is!

Still available either day.

David, if you still want to do it, you better make a move with the place and day - a lot of people will have taken other commitments by the time you decide!

On 9/10/2019 at 12:12 AM, Harpomatic said:

David seems to have vanished...I'm still up for a meet if anybody is!

Still available either day.

David, if you still want to do it, you better make a move with the place and day - a lot of people will have taken other commitments by the time you decide!

+1. Hope all is well David, and there are not any serious reasons for your lack of response.  I'm sorry, but not having heard much from you by way of confirmation either way, I've now committed elsewhere this weekend. Happy shooting!

Edited by jcraf

Hi folks, and sorry for my disappearance. I had some personal issues and work issues all arise at the same time. I apologize for creating uncertainty and I hope I haven’t messed up anybody’s plans too badly. 

I am flying over to London this evening, and I plan to do some photography Saturday evening and Sunday morning. 

Saturday I’ll start in the Covent Garden area around 6:00pm. 

Sunday I’m thinking of going out to Greenwich but I’m not fixed on that so if anybody is still free I’m open to other suggestions. 

If you want to join me either day, let me know. I’ll send you my mobile number, and I’ll also post my location here using What3words. For those not familiar it’s an ingenious service that breaks the entire planet down into 3m x 3m squares and assigns each 3 simple words. It’s a great way to share precise locations. 

David

PS: I’m carrying my new Q2 on this trip, excited to give it a workout. 

Hello David, I’ll most likely be in the area on Saturday evening. I do use what3words, so we can find each other that way - do you want me to send a PM for the contact number?

Hope you have a pleasant walk around but I won't be able to join you after all now.

Pete.