Continuous shooting speed of Q

septo

A firing rate for a digital camera is similar to how they describe the firing rate of a machine gun. The German MG34S has a firing rate of 1700 rounds per minute, but you’d never be able to fire those 1700 rounds. The barrel would melt down after 150 rounds. 

If the Q had a bigger buffer and faster processor, it might be able to shoot 10 frames in a second. Sadly, it can’t!

vor 6 Stunden schrieb JimBo:

A firing rate for a digital camera is similar to how they describe the firing rate of a machine gun. The German MG34S has a firing rate of 1700 rounds per minute, but you’d never be able to fire those 1700 rounds. The barrel would melt down after 150 rounds. 

If the Q had a bigger buffer and faster processor, it might be able to shoot 10 frames in a second. Sadly, it can’t!

like on the machingun, always pull the trigger short ☺️

I just tried something to test shooting speed. Using JPEG, manual setting, I can then get about 10 frames/sec and then have to wait for buffer to clear. If I switch to DNG it fires 5-6 times rapidly but  then pauses to clear the buffer.  I guess u can get at least 10  frames/second for at least a 1 second period only by shooting JPEGs and so I will keep that in mind if I require that shooting speed 

I just retested my Q. Using manual focus and full manual control—with JPEG exceeded 10/sec and with DNG, at least 10/sec—all before stopping for buffer etc. I use a Sandisc Extreme Pro 95 MB/sec, 32 gig capacity. 

When I previously tested, I was not in full manual control and that may have made the difference.