Multiple M Adapters?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I carry 4 lenses on a trip 2 are L mount 2 are M mount. I'm feeling a little put out when I have an M lens on the camera switch to an L lens then want the other M lens. How many folks have multiple M adapters, figuring that is what I'll have to do. I know if I have to do it, do it.

Thanks

I've got just the one M Adapter L and R Adapter M set. I usually arrange what I'm carrying such that the lenses all the same mount for simplicity sake, but I often get into the thing of having one or two R lenses and one M lens. One and one is easy, two and one means a bit of juggling now and then. (I don't own any L mount lenses to complicate the game...)

When I was shooting with Micro-FourThirds equipment and my kit was evenly split between FourThirds SLR lenses and Micro-FourThirds lenses, the adapter juggle was too much: I bought four mount adapters and just kept them on the SLR lenses for ease in the field. Even with Olympus equipment, that's an expensive solution.

Have you considered getting a second body which would yield time benefits in the field? That would also simplify the use of user profiles for some tasks. I can imagine two lenses getting more use out of four, thus making operational life more efficient.

2 hours ago, wda said:

Have you considered getting a second body which would yield time benefits in the field? That would also simplify the use of user profiles for some tasks. I can imagine two lenses getting more use out of four, thus making operational life more efficient.

The second body is the ultimate answer, but the next body would be an M8 as the next camera to do infrared images. Have a couple of M lenses I am not using with the CL. 

Thanks everyone.

Tom

Edited by tommonego@gmail.com

Yes get a second M-Adapter-L. One in black and one in silver. It only add 70g to each M lens  

You will get the equivalent of native manual L-mount lenses. No more hassle between incompatible caps. 

I once put the M body cap on the CL ! It fits inside the huge mount ! Hopefully it is an APS-C so the sensor did not get harmed. But imagine if it was an SL ? 

Edited by nicci78

Goes back to when I had 2 M2s I would have a 35 on one and an 85 on the other, hardly ever took the lenses off. At times I had a 50, 135, most of the time a 25 Canon or Nikon. But I mostly used the 35 and 85. The CL give far more lens choices so weight becomes an issue, but I also used to carry 2 Canon F1s, one with a motor drive, if you want to talk about weight. I went on a trip this weekend, carried 5 lenses with the CL, used them all.