Brass On Silver MM1

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wasn't crazy about how a black Thumbs Up looked on my silver MM1, so I used a combination of fingernail and steel wool to take the paint off. I think it looks pretty good. More importantly, it works well.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 5

MM1 silver is rare.  They were only available 2 years after black version was introduced.  1 year afterwards monochrom typ 246 were introduced.  So they were on the market for only 1 year.  Known serial #: 43504xx-43507xx, 43515xx-43516xx.

Edited by leicabug
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. Personally I would use this design camera for color and not for b&w, but that is my personal conditioning, since I used a silver M7 for color slide film only. This brass could inspire to prints on Ilford WarmTone.

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, leicabug said:

MM1 silver is rare.  They were only available 2 years after black version was introduced.  1 year afterwards monochrom typ 246 were introduced.  So they were on the market for only 1 year.  Known serial #: 43504xx-43507xx, 43515xx-43516xx.

That's what the person I bought it from told me. I had no idea how rare they were. My serial# is the 43516xx group. The camera has the new type 53 sensor and only 5,000 shutter clicks so it should last me a very long time--like the rest of my life, I hope.

Edited by fotografr

9 hours ago, otto.f said:

Very nice. Personally I would use this design camera for color and not for b&w, but that is my personal conditioning, since I used a silver M7 for color slide film only. This brass could inspire to prints on Ilford WarmTone.

I was just the opposite back in my film days. I used my silver M7 for b&w and my black MP for color.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Giacomo.B said:

Hello, but the MM1 Silver was born with new or old Sensor? One friend told me that all are new sensor from fabric.

Regards

Giacomo

I have a silver MM1 and my sensor had to be replaced earlier this year.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DwF said:

Wow, it never occurred to me there were Silver MM cameras. I'm just thrilled to have what is basically a P body camera with my MM, but love the Silver!

Also available in red 😃

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Giacomo.B said:

Hello, but the MM1 Silver was born with new or old Sensor? One friend told me that all are new sensor from fabric.

Regards

Giacomo

There are no new-sensored M9 type cameras straight from the factory. The new sensor was developed long after the camera was discontinued. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2019 at 11:40 AM, Giacomo.B said:

Regards

Giacomo

This one had the sensor replaced after the original one developed the corrosion problem. There definitely were silver models with the original bad sensors.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, james.liam said:

The brass would look better on the black chrome, methinks. A black thumbs up on a silver MMI instead of a silver one might also do, especially with black lenses. 

Personal preference. I have both black and brass Thumbs Up and both black and silver M bodies, so I've interchanged them and much prefer the brass with the silver body.

Greeting from silver MM