Hello, New Q owner here.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

and I would like to say a big thank you,

I have found this forum to be a massive help to me over the last few months as I contemplated my first trip in to Leica ownership.

I have wanted to own and use a Leica Q ever since they came out but one thing or another meant that did not happen. Mainly the cost to be honest was beyond my budget and finding one for sale.

I really enjoy my photography, both film and digital. I have been happily using a Fuji X100F and the amazing Ricoh GR 2 for the last few years for all my digital work, but I kept looking at the Leica Q.

For Film I use a Contax G1 with a 45mm f2, and a Canon AE1.

The Launch of the Q2 has meant that the local Leica dealer has started to get people upgrading and part exchanging their Q for the Q2.

I went to have a look  at one a month ago, and it really ignited the interest in purchasing one,  I am not getting any younger and I wanted to see what the camera could give me in terms results. 

The only thing that stopped me purchasing there and then was a lack or research on my part and indecision on what to do.

I was thinking go for a brand new Q-P that has recently been reduced in price, however I was not the only one and in the last few weeks all stock around my area has sold. I would like a M10 P with a 50 or a 35 lens but not ready yet to drop that kind of money into my photography.

I read everything I could, watched all the reviews and It was plain to see the Q can offer me something I want experience.

A couple of days ago I went to have a look again in store again, they had 4 used Qs to choose from, so I purchased my first Leica ( notice I say first, I have been looking to get a M6 for a while ) 

The Q I bought is 2 years old and fully boxed in almost mint new condition, I paid 2300 GBP, I am happy with that.

I am hoping to take the camera out today and start learning with it, so far the menu and operations seem really nice to use and straightforward.

I am looking forward to seeing what images I can capture, as I use this camera.

Thank you all again, your help in me making the decision to invest in Leica has been invaluable.  

• Like 1