Best paper for printing on Epson SC-P800

Obviously there is no such thing as a best paper, but my personal favorite is Hahnemühle Photo Rag Baryta. It really has everything -- a nice, warm white that is close enough to neutral to be bright, a very good color gamut and black density, no optical brighteners, a nice but not overwhelming texture, good handling characteristics and low incidence of coating/paper problems, 100% cotton rag, it is not super dense so it does not retain curl so tightly as many of its alpha cellulose kin, and Hahnemühle is better than most paper companies for their environmental record. It is dead consistent over the 10 years I have used it, the packaging is good and it is widely available so you never run out of stock. It is expensive, but since I run a higher end studio it is worth it to me to have a paper that I can source a few years down the line if a client comes back and wants to reprint some work or finish an edition, I can source the same paper. Name recognition is good with clients.

I run a Hahemühle Certified Studio, so I guess I am biased, but they do not pay me anything or give me any discounts etc. I also happily use Awagami and Fuji papers, and recommend some of them as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oronet commander said:

Canson Platine Fibre Rag. Yes, after researching the Internet, I set paper thickness to 5 and a widened gap for the heads, and the problem seems remitting. Thanks a lot!

Also, front feed works best for thicker papers.  In fact, I use it always.  ImagePrint further simplifies everything by using its own driver to optimize all printer settings and custom paper profiles without my having to do a thing.  Expensive, but I wouldn't be without it.

Jeff

• Like 1