Want to travel a little lighter with your Q2 kit?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

31 minutes ago, RoySmith said:

Leica would never “authorize” a non-Leica charger. Nonetheless many of us use the Nitecore charger and I have never read of a problem caused by one. I carry a usb power supply anyways for charging my iPhone and iPad. Getting a usb power supply with at 2 ports worked for me. 

You are right.

I didn't phrase the question right  but from your response  you understood what i meant.  While i have you here  i have a question..  With my battery for the q2 and the charger that came with the camera.  I have both LEDS  Lit up(steady illuminated)..  the 80%(amber)LED and the Green  charge LED  It's been that  way for almost a whole day.  It's an official Battery  from Leica...  My question is how long  Until it's supposed to be fully charged?  Do both LEDS stay  illuminated? 

Thank you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Giguchan said:

You are right.

I didn't phrase the question right  but from your response  you understood what i meant.  While i have you here  i have a question..  With my battery for the q2 and the charger that came with the camera.  I have both LEDS  Lit up(steady illuminated)..  the 80%(amber)LED and the Green  charge LED  It's been that  way for almost a whole day.  It's an official Battery  from Leica...  My question is how long  Until it's supposed to be fully charged?  Do both LEDS stay  illuminated? 

Thank you.

From the SLs User Manual:

CHARGE  LED (green): Flashing indicates charging in progress. 80%  LED (orange): Lighting up indicates this charge level achieved. Both LEDs light up: Charging has been completed.

The Q2 is a great travel camera. I just wish the geotagging worked.

Roy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

All,

I guess  either i was  being impatient or i  forgot how to read a manual(or both).  Everything is working as it should now.  I just figured  that the 80%  LED would  extinguish  when the Battery  was completely charged.

Thanks for all of the replies.

7 hours ago, Leica Guy said:

I don’t see it said earlier in this thread, so I’ll add new Li-ion batteries require several cycles to reach their full charge capacity. Use the battery and after a few cycles it’ll probably charge to 100%. 

Thank you  for the reply!  All is well now!

• Like 1