Want to travel a little lighter with your Q2 kit?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I found a small adapter on Amazon that can eliminate the need for the power cord that connects to the battery charger. I like to travel light and won’t be packing my power cord anymore. See photos below  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fredus said:

I use a Nitecore charger for my Q2 battery. However, am I the only one to think that the cable is a tad too short? :) 

You are not alone about the cable, but I just live with it. I love the size and simplicity of the Nitecore charger. Much better than the Leica supplied charger. IMHO. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Leica Guy said:

Yes. 🤣

I carry an extra battery and the Nitecore charger. I’m covered.  

Does your Nitecore give you a 100% charge? I've not been able to get a full charge (manages ~80% with my Nitecore charger for M 240 batteries).  This is the main reason I haven't gotten one for my Q2 batteries.  This has been brought up before on this forum - thought mine may have been defective until I read some other comments.

In any event, I'm also  +1 on the right angle plug adapter - been using them with my Leica chargers for years, well worth it.

1 hour ago, pharyngula said:

Does your Nitecore give you a 100% charge? I've not been able to get a full charge (manages ~80% with my Nitecore charger for M 240 batteries).  This is the main reason I haven't gotten one for my Q2 batteries.  This has been brought up before on this forum - thought mine may have been defective until I read some other comments.

In any event, I'm also  +1 on the right angle plug adapter - been using them with my Leica chargers for years, well worth it.

I have not personally experienced any problems with full charge. As I remember it charges the battery to 8.4V. I have two batteries. Each lasts all day and I’d estimate over 300 shots. It’s never been a concern so I’m not sensitive to whether the batteries are truly at 100% when done. 

On 8/22/2019 at 5:04 AM, bags27 said:

Am I the only one who travels with TWO chargers when I’m away more than a couple of days? I worry one will break. Is that nuts? 

I carry one nitecore in every bag (3), and have several spare batteries. I don't expect the nitecore to break. The "problem" is in my head: I am known as the one who made a reportage without a film in the camera...

Edited by LexS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LexS said:

I carry one nitecore in every bag (3), and have several spare batteries. I don't expect the nitecore to break. The "problem" is in my head: I am known as the one who made a reportage without a film in the camera...

Oh the pain! Yes, I have taken (missed)  some great photos with the film not properly engaged in the winder. There should have been a shutter disable without film setting in the menu. LOL. 

Edited by Leica Guy
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the Nitecore.  I just got back form 2 week vacation in Belgium and it was excellent. I could carry it in my backpack along with my spare battery plus a USB backup battery that could charge my phone or the Leica battery, if necessary.  Every night, I'd plug the deadest battery into the Nitecore and I'd be good for the next day.  I doubt I'll ever use the included Leica charger again, even though I did buy the above adapter for my Q - still too clunky and out of the US, I'd need yet another adapter.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I never heard of the Nitecore charger.  I  did look them up and i like what i see.  I think that might be a new purchase in the near future.

I do have a question...  being Paranoid about my batteries and such...  is this a recommended or authorized  charger?  I mean  that since i have a Leica Battery  I wouldn't  want a $60 charger  to screw up a battery That costs more  than the Battery in my Car.  I mean it does see that a lot of you use them  Like  my Buddy  the Leica Guy.

• Like 1

Leica would never “authorize” a non-Leica charger. Nonetheless many of us use the Nitecore charger and I have never read of a problem caused by one. I carry a usb power supply anyways for charging my iPhone and iPad. Getting a usb power supply with at 2 ports worked for me.