Leica ME typ240 backordered at B&H

Gutou

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I wonder if anyone in this forum is also pre-ordered the ME from B&H. If so, have you gotten the camera yet? I pre-ordered it on July 17 and it is over a month now, it still says backorder and the costumer representative said they have no idea when the manufacturer will ship to them. Wondering if Leica is already sold out of the total 750 units.

10 hours ago, Gutou said:

Hi,

I wonder if anyone in this forum is also pre-ordered the ME from B&H. If so, have you gotten the camera yet? I pre-ordered it on July 17 and it is over a month now, it still says backorder and the costumer representative said they have no idea when the manufacturer will ship to them. Wondering if Leica is already sold out of the total 750 units.

I inquired with my Leica dealer where I am currently waitlisted, and this is what he had to say... 

These have been shipping in minute quantities and very slowly.  They are definitely not sold out.  I've only received maybe 25% of my allocation thus far.  I will know more on the status of the M-E 240 situation tomorrow.

I've also been watching auction listings on this model, and prices have been coming down as of late. Demand does not seem as high for a limited production item, or enough for people to merit paying higher prices for one, and I trust my contact's news. I joined the waitlist a couple of weeks ago when I grew impatient on trying to buy a refurbished M9. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Charadis said:

I inquired with my Leica dealer where I am currently waitlisted, and this is what he had to say... 

I've also been watching auction listings on this model, and prices have been coming down as of late. Demand does not seem as high for a limited production item, or enough for people to merit paying higher prices for one, and I trust my contact's news. I joined the waitlist a couple of weeks ago when I grew impatient on trying to buy a refurbished M9. 

Thank you so much for the information.

I also sent an email to Leica Miami for inquiry, they said they can put me into the wait list for free but NOT guaranteed will have one for me. 😫 So let's see what will happen. Hope BH can have it in stock soon. Hmmm...

If it is possible, can you keep me updated with the status? Since BH always give me the same reply when I ask for the status 😂

Thanks

1 hour ago, tsleica said:

B&H offered 1 to me a month ago..I didnt take it..still thinking..

I heard somewhere they are all sold out now..but cant be certain..

Did you pre-order it once it announced? 

Not sure about all sold out, but I also saw that in the other post in this forum... I checked both Adorama and BH, they all says "pre-order" in the product description page. Maybe they are waiting for a second shipment from Leica? 

The strange thing is I checked Leica Soho's site, there's no Leica ME at all. Maybe I should go to the store and ask them in person?

As we know that Leica can't manufacture 700 or 750 M-E (typ 240) in only one batch,

as at same time they may manufacture other items, camera or lenses or whatever,

this suggest maybe for the next batch we can have some more M-E.

When will be the next batch, that is the right question to ask dealers !

• Thanks 1