Six Bit Sensor issue

essvaun

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All, I've searched the forums on this but haven't found anything - if anyone can point me there please feel free, I don't wish to clog up the site unnecessarily.

In cleaning up an M-P 240 for sale I've spotted this - the cover of the six bit sensor on the body has cracked. I use Zeiss lenses and never use the function so of course I've not picked up on anything. I've occasionally used friends Leica glass and it has worked but the last time was months ago and I have no idea when this happened, no memory of any fragments falling out etc. I clean the sensor with a blower whenever changing lenses but haven't seen anything unusual.

Has anyone ever had this happen, and if so is it an easy repair or a 'return to Germany' ordeal (I'm in Australia, I'm sure their service is excellent but the tyranny of distance makes these things time consuming & costly from this part of the globe).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

If the camera is up for sale make life easy on yourself and have it repaired. I understand that the Leica service in Australia is quite good and will do minor repairs themselves.

It sells a lot easier when you can say: "checked and repaired by Leica" rather than having  to disclose a flaw.

• Like 1