Leica Lux D 7 compact camera

• 2 months later...

Hey Mike,

While the little “manuals” supplied in the box are truly crap, Leica will supply a comprehensive pdf manual from their website. It covers much more ground though you will have to check the table of contents to find your desired information. I also downloaded https://leicastoremiami.com/products/leica-bc-dc-15-charger-for-d-lux-109?variant=1404928708

Even though the 109 and the 7 are somewhat different, they are close enough that this would be a good supplement to Leica’s pdf manual. Think it was $9.99 from Amazons Kindle Books section. I’m finding it helpful. YMMV

Cheers,

Unkei (David)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2 hours ago, lykaman said:

If I may say:- reading the Instruction Books is great, But, nothing ensures knowledge of the equipment quicker than taking pictures.. 

Hey lykaman,

I totally agree with you on that. Been an amateur photographer for about 60 years now. Started with the old (much cheaper) Rangefinder cameras. Moved into darkroom work with an emphasis on monochrome or as we used to call it back in the day, black and white! But from the OPs question, it seemed he might be in need of basic information about physical controls and using the menus. That’s why I suggested the manuals. My wife is in a physical rehab facility and wanted to see my new Leica. Considering herself an expert in all things dealing with cameras, she immediately began changing F stops and ISO and then changed accidentally, some menu settings. All without even perusing the manual! I’m still trying to figure out what she did bless her heart!  LOL! So sometimes, a quick glance at the instructions could prove beneficial, even for the experienced!

Cheers,

Unkei (David)

2 hours ago, Unkei said:

Hey lykaman,

I totally agree with you on that. Been an amateur photographer for about 60 years now. Started with the old (much cheaper) Rangefinder cameras. Moved into darkroom work with an emphasis on monochrome or as we used to call it back in the day, black and white! But from the OPs question, it seemed he might be in need of basic information about physical controls and using the menus. That’s why I suggested the manuals. My wife is in a physical rehab facility and wanted to see my new Leica. Considering herself an expert in all things dealing with cameras, she immediately began changing F stops and ISO and then changed accidentally, some menu settings. All without even perusing the manual! I’m still trying to figure out what she did bless her heart!  LOL! So sometimes, a quick glance at the instructions could prove beneficial, even for the experienced!

Cheers,

Unkei (David)

We wish you both the best, I spent 3weeks in rehab after I had MRSR ~. You can use Reset to go back to  Factory Settings..

1 hour ago, lykaman said:

We wish you both the best, I spent 3weeks in rehab after I had MRSR ~. You can use Reset to go back to  Factory Settings..

Thanks lykaman.The good wishes are very kind. As to the reset..I know that’s how to do it, but I cannot find it in the menus. Just haven’t had time to really look. First I was back and forth to the hospital everyday and now I’m back and forth to the rehab center everyday. I’ve hardly had a chance to hold the camera..let alone work with it. Saw a post that pointed to reset, but description doesn’t seem to match anything I can find in the extended manual. Would be glad for any help.

Cheers,

Unkei (David)