Leica 35mm Film Point & Shoot Cameras ?

miro

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2019 at 7:43 AM, miro said:

Oh , I just found this 14 Point & Shoot Leica Film Cameras – From 60 to +2000$

https://onfilmonly.com/14-leica-point-shoot-film-cameras-reviews/

Very good review thanks for sharing.  

I have never really found any of the pocket Leica cams to have the right balance of features.  But @Sparkassenkunde has a Minilux and does wonders with it.  Really makes it sing.  So I think that could be a good buy for you

I can understand your concerns, as I was unsure about buying a Minilux because of the known errors, too. When I had the chance to buy one for slightly more than 200€ I took the plunge and am very happy I did so. The lens is an incredible one and delivers in any situation I used the camera. It has some flaws, like forgetting your flash settings after turning the camera off, and yes, there are some sleeker designs out there, but overall it delivers - and this is what counts imho. Chances are high to get a fully functional camera, but if the error 02 appears, there are people out there who repair these cameras. 

Just to trigger your buying reflexes :) :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

I bought a C3 for my mom back when film was still prevalent but she never used it and finally gave it back to me.  It sits in the closet in its leather case and never had a roll of film run through it.  I didn't know they had become interesting again.  It's a lovely camera and just a few days ago, I popped in a battery to power it up.  Pretty nice if I say so myself ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/24/2019 at 11:28 PM, Archiver said:

Wow, I had no idea Leica had so many P&S cameras in their history. I was only aware of the CM and Minilux. I'd only get a Minilux if I was sure I could get it repaired, though.

Does it have common failure 02? They made better after market part to fix it now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-New-Lens-Inner-Aperture-Flex-Cable-Ribbon-For-Leica-E02-Minilux-Camera-Part/253939043314?hash=item3b1ff24bf2:g:ESoAAOSwvl9byC5V

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I still have and use a Minilux . As Sparkassenkunde mentions, the auto flash has to be turned off everytime your turn the camera on , then it delivers !

Mexico City by JM__, on Flickr

Havana by JM__, on Flickr

Some people in Portugal  repair the error 02 issue for about 130 euros. Some more offer this service in the UK.

Best, JM.

• 4 years later...

Bumping this thread. I managed to score a Leica Mini II for the cheaps, during my vacation I brought it with me and popped a Ultramax 400. I am utterly amazed on how sharp the focus is. Expected not the best photos but damn, the F3.5 is great.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Leica Mini 2 with Agfa Scala

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of Mini Zoom cameras and a Z2X.  Also a C3, but it broke down during a visit to Australia, after I had put only  a couple of rolls of film through it, and the rubberised covering of the top and bottom of the body had become unpleasantly sticky.  I was drawn to it by 28-80 mm vario elmar asph lens.  (Luckily, I found a Canon Eos 500N camera with a lens in a Canberra second hand shop for only A$40 which saved the day.) 

This picture was taken with a Mini Zoom 

Edited by ejd

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also a shout for the Minilux, was my first Leica approximately 15 years ago and still going strong.

It is a very underestimated camera in my opinion, sort of like a CL from lens quality but just gorgeous to use as a P&S

Andy

• Like 1

My suggestion

• Like 1

I don’t think Leica ever got the P&S concept right. A great lens on the Minilux but that damned flash default stopped it being an easy camera to use, and it’s now a fragile camera. For similar lens quality try any of the Olympus P&S, maybe the 35RC that gives you full auto or full manual exposure. But @algrove has a great idea, how nice is that for a camera.

1 hour ago, 250swb said:

I don’t think Leica ever got the P&S concept right. A great lens on the Minilux but that damned flash default stopped it being an easy camera to use, and it’s now a fragile camera. For similar lens quality try any of the Olympus P&S, maybe the 35RC that gives you full auto or full manual exposure. But @algrove has a great idea, how nice is that for a camera.

Maybe it's old and a 1931 Barnack variety, but affordable and useable! Actually the lens is modern compared to the camera for sure.