11-23 and 18-56 Redundant??

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In my trip to Switzerland, 11-23 is almost exclusively used while in the Jungfrau area, where panoramic Jungfrau skyline has s the main subject. Bur in the Cities such as Bern, Lucern , Zurich, 18-56 can be used exclusively.

In both cases,  18-23 is the most used zoom range.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 5:34 PM, pixeljohn22 said:

Thanks for all of the comments and input. I traded my 18-56 for a used (mint) 11-23 and it arrived today. Can't wait to use it. I received great service the Leica Store Miami. 

Do you mind if you can tell me how much did you pay the difference after you trade in your 18-56?

What ISO are you talking of? I think that dim light and f/5.6 will quickly result in ISO 5000+. If this is acceptable it is true that f/5.6 is fast enough.

sorry, I did not see that we are on page 2 already and the ISO theme is gone

Edited by M10 for me

Yup. Quote was dodgy on my phone

Edit:

On 8/21/2019 at 10:21 PM, nicci78 said:

CL do not provide fast enough ISO : 25000 is only already too limited for dimly lit environment at f/2.8 Just imagine at f/5.6 

For outside use the Trio of TL zoom lenses are absolutely awesome. But I decided to settle to primes only with f/2.8 as my lower limit. Nothing is better than fast shutter speed with the help of wide aperture. 

11 hours ago, pixeljohn22 said:

About $800 for a perfect condition. 

$800?  I am assuming you traded with used 11-23mm.  I don't really care if it's used or not.  Did you call them directly?  I should try to call them if I can trade mine.  I think it's worth it to trade for $800.