Medium Format Magazine, August 2019

Vieri

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

just a quick note to let you know that Medium Format magazine's August 2019 issue is out, with my first column on! Here Olaf Sztaba's announcement:

MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE - AUGUST 2019

The August issue of the Medium Format Magazine is here!
From a fascinating opening piece from Tomasz Lazar to an exclusive and engaging interview with Sean Tucker, we present 160 pages of ad-free, highly curated content you won’t find anywhere else. Make sure to check out our new HOW IT WAS SHOT section with Steven Friedman sharing the story behind his image. Also, Vieri Bottazzini debuts his new column, “Vieri’s Landscape Musing.” You will find rivetting writing and great imagery by Lloyd Chambers, Ibarionex Perello, Lori Levine Ordover, Spencer Wynn, Alex Burke and Ian Howorth.

The Magazine is subscription-only, so - with the Magazine's Chief Editor's permission - I can only share a short excerpt here and an image out of my article, "Shades of Blue":

"Much has been said about the birth of ideas. Ask as many writers, visual artists, composers, inventors, engineers and business people as you want, they will all give you a different description of finding the recipe, gathering the ingredients, mixing them and cooking the dish at the right temperature before they succeed. I concluded there is simply no universal recipe to cook a good idea and no shortcuts to creativity. We all need to work on ourselves, find the process that works for us and cherish, nourish and strengthen it.

..."

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

If you are interested in subscribing to the Magazine, it is my pleasure to announce that code VIERI20 will grant you a 20% discount on a yearly subscription. Check it out here: MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE!

Have a great day, best regards

Vieri

Edited by Vieri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chrismuc said:

sorry to say Vieri, but your self advertisement at all photography forums really sucks

and why promote a Hasselblad camera story on a Leica site?

Why the fuss?

I'm interested in the competition.  And, why not see if the magazine is of interest?  No need to be negative, is there?  

Vieri has been a valuable contributor in the past and continues to be so currently to this forum. Rob

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrismuc said:

sorry to say Vieri, but your self advertisement at all photography forums really sucks

and why promote a Hasselblad camera story on a Leica site?

Hasselblad camera story? Self advertisement? Perhaps reading my post again will help. Again, I announced the new issue of Medium Format Magazine, a magazine dedicated to Medium Format, on the forum dedicated to the medium format Leica S, thinking that readers of this forum - either actual or potential medium format users - could find Medium Format Magazine interesting. I also announced that the magazine will feature my first article for them, something I am really honoured, proud and excited about. More, I also got a discount code which people can use, and which - I am proud to say - has NO kickback to me whatsoever, just a benefit for you. That's all :)

If you aren't interested in Medium Format Magazine, just don't read it. Easy. If you aren't interested in my posts, just don't read them. Easy. If I broke any rule, reporting the post to mods would be the way to go, rather than trying and pick a fight. Also pretty easy. I really don't see what the problem is. 

13 minutes ago, ropo54 said:

Why the fuss?

I'm interested in the competition.  And, why not see if the magazine is of interest?  No need to be negative, is there?  

Vieri has been a valuable contributor in the past and continues to be so currently to this forum. Rob

Not sure why the fuss, Rob. Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated indeed :)

Best regards,

Vieri 

Edited by Vieri
  • Like 1

nicely done and congratulations!

Albert

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, albertknappmd said:

nicely done and congratulations!

Albert

Thank you very much Albert! :) Great photo by the way!

Have a great day, best regards

Vieri

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Congratulations Vieri

I’m thrilled you are a contributor and provide not only great images but thoughts behind the creation of them.

It’s great that there is a magazine dedicated to medium format that all of us,  no matter what equipment is used, can learn from.  I subscribed last month and the cadence of the articles from technical to artistic to personal is something everyone will enjoy.

Cheers and keep up the great work

7 hours ago, Dsauro said:

Congratulations Vieri

I’m thrilled you are a contributor and provide not only great images but thoughts behind the creation of them.

It’s great that there is a magazine dedicated to medium format that all of us,  no matter what equipment is used, can learn from.  I subscribed last month and the cadence of the articles from technical to artistic to personal is something everyone will enjoy.

Cheers and keep up the great work

Thank you very much indeed David, that is very kind of you to say :)  Yes, MF Magazine is a great read, and I'd go one further and say that not only the MF brand used doesn't matter, but I think it's interesting for all photography lovers, whether they use / love Medium Format or not. I couldn't really remember one article that was so specific to Medium Format that a FF user couldn't enjoy or benefit from.

Best regards,

Vieri