Q2 battery shortage worldwide?

3 hours ago, cumirebus said:

Been waiting for spare battery to arrive in Bangkok since May, shop says no news from HQ

i find it ridiculous

One unit for sale on EBay UK right now.   Seller in Switzerland. Contact him to see if he will send to Bangkok.   

I just bought  a new one on Ebay from the Leica Store in Nurnburg, at a much lower price than the US price. I'm curious if anyone knows the import duties on Li-on batteries. By the way, the store, at least according to Ebay, had more in stock and is shipping to USA.

• 4 months later...
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Cheesehead:

Not only am I finding it difficult to locate a battery.  Now the online US sites seem to have raised their prices.  I am now seeing $275 up from what was a steady $250.  And stocks seem in short supply.  Is this a lithium issue or is it from Leica?  

130€ in Germany, just the other day in the new Leica store in Stuttgart. And it wasn't the last in the drawer.... This absurd price in US-$ has to be a tariff thing.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:11 AM, Annie said:

Was at B&H 2 weeks ago. They had none.

I received one from B&H last week.  They are out of stock now. 

The BP-SCL4 battery fits three very popular cameras - the Q2, the SL and the SL2.  That has to be a contributing factor in the battery shortage.

Edited by Herr Barnack