How big is the T TL TL2 market?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been trying to sell my T line body accessories on ebay but I get no response though price is not bad.  No store will give me much trade in.  So, is it a secret that this Leica line is not selling?  

Like are they selling 1 of the TL CL line to 10 of other bodies?  Does anyone know what Leica is selling in these new digital systems?  Marketing hype does not equal the demand it seems. A dealer told me this market is soft but how soft?

Edited by Tom1234

They do not sell at all. Sorry 

some resellers do not sell TL2 at all. Because T was such a failure, they do not want to bet on the new one  

in France even 900€ Used under warranty TL2 do not find any buyer yet. 

Very hard to sell 400-500€ T/TL used with warranty. 

People only care about Q mostly then CL. 

Thank you!  I appreciate your candor! 

I am in the USA.  I have T accessory items on ebay at reasonable prices and get no offers at all!  Nothing!  Even after 91 viewings by ebay customers.  I knew something was wrong.  

With all the positive T TL TL2 write ups I thought it was selling.  Too bad it isn't.  Just shows how modern "internet effect",  just like in politics where stupid ideas are promoted as good ideas by a great public talk effort, what the internet says is big time maybe small time. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Regardless of what they originally cost, the accessories you are selling are the kind of bits that I would normally expect to find on EBay for about $50 to $80, max, ad individual accessory bits: A charger with its plug adapters, the neck strap adapters, and the thumbs-up. I suspect you're not getting any bids or offers because it is an odd grouping of bits at a somewhat high buy it now price. 

You might do better to break them up, make them a standard auction individually, and start with a low bid price. :)

I took a look at your eBay posting, and I think your lack of takers has nothing to do with the size of the T market.  As ramarren suggests, you need to break up the package into small items, and offer them for bidding with a $1 opening, as opposed to 'buy it now'.  They will sell, but who knows for what.

28 minutes ago, Peter Wright said:

I took a look at your eBay posting, and I think your lack of takers has nothing to do with the size of the T market.  As ramarren suggests, you need to break up the package into small items, and offer them for bidding with a $1 opening, as opposed to 'buy it now'.  They will sell, but who knows for what.

+1

I got my extra strap lugs free from Leica for a start! I have zero interest in a thumbs up for my TL2, which would break its clean lines. I don't rely on my TL2 for working a long way from a Leica shop, so I don't need a second charger. I might have been interested in a spare battery if I didn't have one already. I love my TL2, but wouldn't spend $240 for such a collection. I suspect you'd get the same response for a CL or a Q set.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:56 PM, Tom1234 said:

I have been trying to sell my T line body accessories on ebay but I get no response though price is not bad.  No store will give me much trade in.  So, is it a secret that this Leica line is not selling?  

Like are they selling 1 of the TL CL line to 10 of other bodies?  Does anyone know what Leica is selling in these new digital systems?  Marketing hype does not equal the demand it seems. A dealer told me this market is soft but how soft?

Well I guess the consensus is that I should list these items separately.  Many thanks for the help. If I get motivated I will separate the listings.  I can always turn them in for credit at Camera West in California USA the store I normally deal with:

https://www.camerawest.com/

Edited by Tom1234

Ok, I realize it will never sell. Just look how big a looser I am at what I still say is a reasonable price.  162 views and not even one attempt to buy my T accessories.  Guess it is proven that they must be divided into small parts not a group.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I was told by the forum monitor that I can not use this forum to tell about my individual sales so please do NOT buy it that would be against the rules.

If there are enough similar items on ebay then you can see what they sell for and set a price accordingly. If few or no similar items have sold recently, your estimate of the price is likely to be unrealistic and you will be disappointed again. Where you have no idea what the real market price for your items are, the best way to sell them is by auction. 

All this is nothing to do with the T-TL-TL2 market and how well new TL2s are selling. If the T had been a failure, there would not have been a TL or TL2. From a company-wide, big picture perspective, the original T successfully introduced the electronically-connected L mount ecosystem, which led to the SL, the CL and the L-mount alliance. It was also their first camera body made by CNC machined alloy casting, bringing their manufacturing systems into the C21. 

Great points.  Still the T market is soft but not as soft as I think it is due to bundling the parts. 

QUESTION: Can I use PayPal to pay for the classified add?  Actually I tried to enter a classified and felt that international returns would be too big a hassle-&-cost so I just left my add on ebay that allows isolation to USA.  Felt like I would be cheating on this Euro forum to use the classifieds and then only sell in the USA. 

Edited by Tom1234

I don't ordinarily restrict sales to international buyers on EBay. I simply allow international buyers to determine what it costs to ship to them, which is add-on to the final auction price, and let them decide whether it's worth the cost.

I charge a small packaging/handling fee on top of the auction price to manage box/packing costs and my time for filling out the shipper and delivering to the carrier... it's not so much more effort to do an international shipper than a US one, so what the heck? :)

That said, doing a good job on EBay advertisements and shipping does take time and is sometimes not worth the effort for low-value expected return items. So trading these items to Camera West when next you need to buy something isn't something to fret over. (I often tend to just include such small things with the major items as bonus perks: It generally nets a higher auction price and more buyer satisfaction, and gets them off my hands quickly.) 

5 hours ago, Tom1234 said:

Great points.  Still the T market is soft but not as soft as I think it is due to bundling the parts. 

QUESTION: Can I use PayPal to pay for the classified add?  Actually I tried to enter a classified and felt that international returns would be too big a hassle-&-cost so I just left my add on ebay that allows isolation to USA.  Felt like I would be cheating on this Euro forum to use the classifieds and then only sell in the USA. 

I already answered that in a  PM. Of course you can use PayPal, it is not unique to the USA :lol: Why couldn't you add a restriction to the USA in the Classifieds?

I can not remember.  The problem was probably with Apple Mac Safari Browser.  Their latest edition leaves off some elements like check boxes that don't show up on the page.  Sometimes the page expands oddly dumping text out in a way that one page becomes two.  Probably these problems hung me up so I could not use your browser application's features correctly.  I just signed onto a financial site with Safari and had to switch to Chrome to get the site to work.  Of course on your site I was going into it the fist time and did not know that anything was wrong or that I was missing features.  Apple, against my will, turned on automatic software update, so I did not know that they had changed Safari browser, so I did not know to look for a problem.  Sorry to dump this on you. 

9 hours ago, ramarren said:

I don't ordinarily restrict sales to international buyers on EBay. I simply allow international buyers to determine what it costs to ship to them, which is add-on to the final auction price, and let them decide whether it's worth the cost.

I've had good success using EBay's global shipping program, sending items to an EBay facility after successful auctions. EBay takes care of the customs paperwork and ships the items to the international buyers.