wonderful Jono Slack talk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://www.slack.co.uk/lhsa-talk.html

This is a wonderful (though just a bit dated, since he couldn't yet include his Q2 experience) survey of so many cameras and so many wonderful photos.

Since I'm posting this on the Q (as well as CL) board, I want to note that in his Q2 review he said he was off on holiday with the Q2 and CL + 55-135 lens, which should cover pretty much everything. At the time, I thought carrying those two kits simultaneously might be a strain. But I recently carried them together (the Q, not the Q2) for 2 weeks, and found it very comfortable and an entirely terrific way of covering most of what I would want to photograph. A great combo!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, bags27 said:

https://www.slack.co.uk/lhsa-talk.html

This is a wonderful (though just a bit dated, since he couldn't yet include his Q2 experience) survey of so many cameras and so many wonderful photos.

Since I'm posting this on the Q (as well as CL) board, I want to note that in his Q2 review he said he was off on holiday with the Q2 and CL + 55-135 lens, which should cover pretty much everything. At the time, I thought carrying those two kits simultaneously might be a strain. But I recently carried them together (the Q, not the Q2) for 2 weeks, and found it very comfortable and an entirely terrific way of covering most of what I would want to photograph. A great combo!

Agreed bags - great link.

Plus, interested to hear your feedback from your trip too.  I'm off to Rome for a five day trip in October and had thought to carry exactly the same - with maybe a fast 50mm M lens adapted for the CL to cover evenings/low light.  Early days for me with the Q (bought used bargain basement), same batteries makes things easier too of course.

3 minutes ago, Boojay said:

Agreed bags - great link.

Plus, interested to hear your feedback from your trip too.  I'm off to Rome for a five day trip in October and had thought to carry exactly the same - with maybe a fast 50mm M lens adapted for the CL to cover evenings/low light.  Early days for me with the Q (bought used bargain basement), same batteries makes things easier too of course.

Ah, Rome in the fall with lovely weather and interesting light. Sounds fantastic, Jayne! and welcome to the Q club!!

I did exactly that. I had a Zeiss 50 Sonnar f/1.5 along as well, precisely for the night. In the end, I used that lens more for art than for need, as the Q is a fantastic ko"nig des nachts kit: throwing it onto autofocus and with OIS it will comfortably shoot at 1/8 second handheld, and very croppable beyond 50mm equivalent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1