SL + S1/R off-camera flashgun options?

jrp

For Godox I use the XPro-O trigger. I really like it in use. Super easy to control all the groups and even switch/mix between manual and TTL modes. I don't currently have a Godox hotshoe flash for Olympus. I do for Sony though. The XPro is vastly easier to use as a trigger but if you need a master then it does work well (as I said I have only used it on my Sonys). If you get the hot shoe flash most definitely get the lithium version.

Gordon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2019 at 4:56 AM, FlashGordonPhotography said:

The Godox site can be a challenge....

The AD200 does TTL with the Olympus triggers. The specs sheet predates the *O* triggers but it definitely works. I use them often.

Essentially all the current WITSTRO range will work as well as most of the on camera flash units with 2.4khz triggers. The very old 360 units need a 24khz USB adaptor to function as they don’t have one inbiult. The new ones do. The originals had no TTL capability so are easy to isdentify.

The XPro triggers are vastly easier to use than the X1T triggers.

The AD200, 360 and 600 have adaptors for Bowens accessories. Maybe the others too but I don’t own those.

I have a pair of AD600’s, 360N’s, AD200’s and a couple hot shoe flashes. All work together with the O trigger (TTL and manual on the S1R) and in manual mode (90% of my use) with the SL. I have a Nikon, Sony Fuji and Olympus XPro adaptor and all work together, depending on which system I’m shooting with.

I have a pair of SF60’s and a trigger for when I need TTL for the SL. When off camera I just use a twin flash adaptor on a stand to get more power rather than use a single unit. If I need more then I’m going manual anyway.

Gordon

One unit of 160Ws MG-10 covers 2 units of SF60 (at one unit SF60 price) not to mention continuous firing that easily bets the shit out of the SF60s that overheat and shut down easily. One unit of MG10 is close to one AD200.

1 hour ago, sillbeers15 said:

One unit of 160Ws MG-10 covers 2 units of SF60 (at one unit SF60 price) not to mention continuous firing that easily bets the shit out of the SF60s that overheat and shut down easily. One unit of MG10 is close to one AD200.

How compatible is it with the SL and S1R?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

19 hours ago, jrp said:

Which of the many Godox importers to the UK are reliable? 

I bought mine branded as Pixapro from Essential Photo, but saw them to try out at Photomart. I think I went with Essential Photo because they offered a better warranty.

• Thanks 1

Regarding the compatibility of the Nissin MG10 with the SL and with the SR1, I just posted results for that question to the DP Review S1/SR1 forum. In brief:

SL--full burst mode (as long as you don't use Auto-ISO), full HSS up to full mechanical shutter speed limit. Using Leica SFC1. controller (Leica version of Nissin Air10s controller).

SR1--full HSS (activated via Nissin Air 10s controller) up to top mechanical shutter speed. Burst mode doesn't work with flash--camera reverts to single shot mode. Turning off flash turns on burst mode again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2019 at 8:00 PM, Ronald Weissman said:

Regarding the compatibility of the Nissin MG10 with the SL and with the SR1, I just posted results for that question to the DP Review S1/SR1 forum. In brief:

SL--full burst mode (as long as you don't use Auto-ISO), full HSS up to full mechanical shutter speed limit. Using Leica SFC1. controller (Leica version of Nissin Air10s controller).

SR1--full HSS (activated via Nissin Air 10s controller) up to top mechanical shutter speed. Burst mode doesn't work with flash--camera reverts to single shot mode. Turning off flash turns on burst mode again.

Do you have to pair the MG10 each time you switch between the SL/SF C1 and S1R/Air10s?  There is an "open" mode offered by Nissin.  It allows slaving within the system.  Have you tried this? 

I am thinking of adding an S1H/MG10/Air10s to my SL/SF 60/SF C1 kit.