Soft release

lawman

7 hours ago, Knipsknecht said:

I am using the ones from Lensmate. Originally they‘re meant for Fuji Cameras, but they fit my M9 and M10 pretty well.

The Softies from my M9 and M240 will not seat properly in my Safari M10P at all - I had thought that the thread size in the camera was universal - perhaps there is something wrong with the camera?  I have been told that the thread on the M240 is a tapered and different size from the M9 and M10 - anyone can confirm this? Thanks

On 8/10/2019 at 8:22 AM, magixaxeman said:

Small convex soft release   I use these on my M10 & Fuji X-Pro1, Ive tried more expensive & exotic ones (different woods) and even the bop & beep ones but keep coming back to these little cheap ones as they just work really well. They also come with rubber grommets to stop the release coming off.

I too have tried the expensive ones from LensMate. After losing a few of them before I realized that you have to use some removable Loctite on the threads, I purchased a few of the same less expensive ones in the link posted. These work great and of nice quality. 

I have the red one on my M10P and LensMate ones on my M10 and Fuji XT3. I used the o-ring, but you still need to use a dab of removable Loctite to keep them from losing them. 

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

3 minutes ago, budjames said:

I too have tried the expensive ones from LensMate. After losing a few of them before I realized that you have to use some removable Loctite on the threads, I purchased a few of the same less expensive ones in the link posted. These work great and of nice quality. 

I have the red one on my M10P and LensMate ones on my M10 and Fuji XT3. I used the o-ring, but you still need to use a dab of removable Loctite to keep them from losing them. 

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Pretty interesting, as I haven't lost a single one of them over the last two years (used on a Fuji X-T2 and on a Fuji X100F, still in use on a Leica M9 and a M10). By the way, I am using the same one as you on my M10😎

3 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Exactly what problem is solved with these things?  Seems more like problem creation. I’ve never had an M shutter release issue using digital or film M models since the 80’s.  

Jeff

Just a personal thing. I like how they look and for me it feels much better to press the shutter.

31 minutes ago, Knipsknecht said:

Just a personal thing. I like how they look and for me it feels much better to press the shutter.

That is fine, and the late Tom Abrahamsson knew the subtle and fatal flaws of soft releases for various models, and he made the best. Abandon generics.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Exactly what problem is solved with these things?  Seems more like problem creation. I’ve never had an M shutter release issue using digital or film M models since the 80’s.  

Jeff

I have large hands so I find the soft releases allow me to actuate the shutter with first joint closest to the tip of my index finger instead of the tip of my finger.

Other than that, it's all about camera "bling"!

Regards,
Bud James

• Thanks 1

Leica store MIAMI had many different softies... Speak to David or Josh.. They will guide you!

Albert

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 5:19 PM, Jeff S said:

Exactly what problem is solved with these things?

I gradually press the shutter release with the fleshy part of the middle part of my forefinger and I find I can use lower shutter speeds than if I use the end of my forefinger in the 'hole'.  YMMV.

Pete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am 15.8.2019 um 15:40 schrieb albertknappmd:

Leica Store Miami had many different softies. Speak to David or Josh. They will guide you!

Yes, sure. For top-priority jobs, always speak to the store owners or managers. A menial minion won't be able to guide you through the finer points of soft-release buttons :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, 01af said:

Yes, sure. For top-priority jobs, always speak to the store owners or managers. A menial minion won't be able to guide you through the finer points of soft-release buttons :rolleyes:

As I said speak to Josh or David....

The other people are not MENIAL MINIONS.. That is frankly insulting... They are hard working honorable people with varying degrees of knowledge, acumen and insight. I know this as I have spoken to several of them over the years.

However, Josh and David are super knowledgeable and are very happy to take all calls and take great pride in advising the customer.

Albert