Lower Manhattan Triptych

DwF

Advertisement (gone after registration)

X-Vario (all at 18mm )

Having visited the area around the Memorial before, I'd come away with a couple of satisfying images, but I found it difficult to isolate any one building given the density of the area.

The challenge I set for my visit this week in NYC was to evoke some visual narrative using the buildings, both in conjunction with their neighboring buildings and available forms, their convergence and of course the light!

I had a thunder storm to deal with but really enjoyed my time waiting out the inclement weather which gave me time to scope the plaza rather than just shoot away.

David

• Like 7

Very nice images.  Yes, it certainly is hard to isolate any one building in that crowded real estate. I was there last November during a rainstorm and didn't get anything worthwhile.  You expertly captured your objectives, gives a nice calm feeling to the site.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, war said:

Very nice images.  Yes, it certainly is hard to isolate any one building in that crowded real estate. I was there last November during a rainstorm and didn't get anything worthwhile.  You expertly captured your objectives, gives a nice calm feeling to the site.   

war,

I thank you for your kind words. Here is the one more that I mentioned above, but I'm just posting now as the computer battery died on me.  This one is work in progress as I didn't achieve quite what I was after :)

Cheers,

Cheers,

David

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, DwF said:

X-Vario (all at 18mm )

Having visited the area around the Memorial before, I'd come away with a couple of satisfying images, but I found it difficult to isolate any one building given the density of the area.

The challenge I set for my visit this week in NYC was to evoke some visual narrative using the buildings, both in conjunction with their neighboring buildings and available forms, their convergence and of course the light!

I had a thunder storm to deal with but really enjoyed my time waiting out the inclement weather which gave me time to scope the plaza rather than just shoot away.

David

Dynamic! Consider a diptych with the last two shots dovetailed horizontally. I did a mockup, and I think you will find new possibilities with your awesome images.
Cheers,
Rog