Take CL for long hiking trip?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, Tick-Tock said:

You may have already started your hike, but... Last year, I hiked 1,600 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) averaging 25-30 miles per day. I took my CL and TL 23 and was happy with that simple kit. This focal length was more than satisfactory. I had no camera strap and stored it carefully in a fanny pack to protect against the elements, yet give me quick access. 

Thanks for your input! I'm going to leave quite soon. And yes the CL with just the 23mm is one of the top choices. I am yet to decide if I should also bring along the CV 15 w/L adapter to get a 21mm which I like as well.

I agree, quick access is a must if the camera will be used at all and I do have a fanny pack that can be converted to a cross sling which is water resistant and also has many anti-theft features. My fanny pack is also strapped to my backpack strap in a balanced way so as to lessen the pull of the fanny pack. My camera wrist strap is also hooked to the backpack strap to lessen the chance of me dropping the camera (!).  Hey, I'm clumsy some times!