SF 26 compatability

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone using the Leica (metz) SF26 flash on a Q?  I am wondering about the TTL functions, and the ability to dial the flash back.  With Fuji, there were several flash units available, that could provide just that bit of fill when set back to a minus 1 0r 1.5 maybe even a -2 just to gat that catch light in the eyes or get more detail in dark hair, etc.  I have a couple of these Metz units with Fuji and Sony TTL, nice little flash, but always a bit overpowering.  I see a lot of the units on Ebay, but wanted to check here before grabbing one.  Any info on these would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance.

The Leica is based on Metz, but not identical !

A long time ago there were several (long) threads about flash on the Q (Q2). Search for them.

I can not help you, I never use a flash, just put the ISO max level much higher and the 1.7 speed, and then you get a good picture even at very low light.

I gave it a try with the Q2 today since it had been a while. The TTL seems fine if not a bit underexposed. You can use the in-camera +/-3 stop flash exposure and this also seemed to work fine.

There are no manual controls on the flash. Just a power button and 3 buttons for TTL, Slave & LED.

I have to admit that I've very rarely used the flash.

I briefly used an SF-26 with my Q. I found it underwhelming. AAA batteries are a definite limitation. I upgraded to the SF-40 and am much happier. It easily pivots for bounce shots. It uses AA batteries. I mostly use it in manual mode, but the TTL does work. I find the dial on the back is too easily turned when I don't realize it. Something to watch out for.

• Like 1