A builder

Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

CL + 35mm TL

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

Many, many thanks to LFI team for also liking this shot, and for about 30 other shots  that they have already selected in 2019 for LFI master and other galleries! 🙏🙏🙏

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ken, thank you very much. I know that HCB sentence and I am not sure if I could totally agree with him. But this is, I guess, a question of taste, time, and technology!

That said, I am getting a little worried about myself. Lately, I heard several times about the over-sharpness of my pictures! I think this is due to problem I am having with my eyes! But I must be more careful with my PP.

9 minutes ago, Louis said:

Ken, thank you very much. I know that HCB sentence and I am not sure if I could totally agree with him. But this is, I guess, a question of taste, time, and technology!

That said, I am getting a little worried about myself. Lately, I heard several times about the over-sharpness of my pictures! I think this is due to problem I am having with my eyes! But I must be more careful with my PP.

That's an interesting perspective, Louis. I guess I think of netteté more broadly, as permitting the interpretive, rather than as narrowly precise. And your work is certainly that. It is your artistic vision, and not just a pursuit of some reflection of the technology of digitalization. It is so very easy these days to "spray and pray" and then correct in post. You impose your aesthetic judgment on your consistent studies of subjects and on your eventual output. You hunt for something that demonstrates what you want to express, and I think in that way you are very similar to HCB.

best wishes,

Ken

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bags27 said:

That's an interesting perspective, Louis. I guess I think of netteté more broadly, as permitting the interpretive, rather than as narrowly precise. And your work is certainly that. It is your artistic vision, and not just a pursuit of some reflection of the technology of digitalization. It is so very easy these days to "spray and pray" and then correct in post. You impose your aesthetic judgment on your consistent studies of subjects and on your eventual output. You hunt for something that demonstrates what you want to express, and I think in that way you are very similar to HCB.

best wishes,

Ken

I remember when I was in art school and first heard this famous quotation, I was struggling to understand what he really meant by “netteté” as this word has many other meanings than sharpness. It also means the quality of the image or even the meaning  or message of the image among others. I was also intrigued by the word bourgeois that has often been used and over used in French literature as well as in sociology and even politics of that time!.....

But I guess we shouldn’t look into it too much and spend our precious time shooting! lol 😆  

Edited by Louis
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tres cher Francois, thank you so much.

Sorry for not being very clear. This shot, like 30 other of my shots in 2019 have already been selected by LFI for different LFI forums. This is not the one to be printed in LFI printed magazine. I have another picture that has already been printed in the 2019 February edition.  :)

Best regards,