Awaiting delivery of my first Leica - the Q

Got the b&w setting...first shot...the glass trash bucket, of all things...I'm enjoying this camera!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Cheers, Mike. 70's the new 50, so you have plenty of time to enjoy your Q. 

Cheers Roy. I'm sure you'll love the Q2

I'm a tall guy with large hands, and my initial impression of the size of the Q is that it is quite small, and I can see myself investing in a grip, maybe a case, bigging it up, so to speak. Otherwise it seems an ideal camera for my digital work. 

Rob, welcome to Q ownership - a true pedigree model in the digital era. (Thinking of your wife's IIIb). Set your basic colour photography and black and white in two separate User Profiles. No matter how much you subsequently change the settings on the fly, you can quickly zero everything to one or other of your base settings. Of course you are not  limited to two profiles. But many users never get around to setting up. Oh, and don't forget to save those profiles when you perform a firmware upgrade in the future. Happy shooting.

Thanks, David. Good idea re the two User profiles - I'll definitely do that. But how do you save them before a firmware upgrade, other than just writing down on a piece of pepper what the settings were? Is there a more technical way of doing that?

25 minutes ago, RobM said:

Thanks, David. Good idea re the two User profiles - I'll definitely do that. But how do you save them before a firmware upgrade, other than just writing down on a piece of pepper what the settings were? Is there a more technical way of doing that?

Rob, User Profiles>Manage Profiles >Export or Import Profiles.  Did your package include the User  Manual?  Excellent bedtime reading 😃

• Thanks 1