Leica Refurbished CCD M9 and M9p for sale . .

jonoslack

Got another email from Michel today, but basically the same message he sent last time, and he responded my first inquiry, not my recent responses. 

Except now, he mentions there is a waitlist. Not sure how I should respond? 

From new email: 

If you are interested, please tell me the exact camera model (type/color) and leathering you desire.

I will put you on my waiting list and we will built one for you.

Furthermore I need your completely postal address and your credit card details for the payment.

Please tell me your decision.

If you have further questions, don´t hesitate to contact me.

3 hours ago, Charadis said:

Got another email from Michel today, but basically the same message he sent last time, and he responded my first inquiry, not my recent responses. 

Except now, he mentions there is a waitlist. Not sure how I should respond? 

From new email: 

If you are interested, please tell me the exact camera model (type/color) and leathering you desire.

I will put you on my waiting list and we will built one for you.

Furthermore I need your completely postal address and your credit card details for the payment.

Please tell me your decision.

If you have further questions, don´t hesitate to contact me.

I got the exact same email, and just like you it was not a follow up, but a copy from the very first email I got from him. I been waiting for a straight response since yesterday. I guess they are to busy but I am not going to insist any longer. 

Edited by rivi1969
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rivi1969 said:

I got the exact same email, and just like you it was not a follow up, but a copy from the very first email I got from him. I been waiting for a straight response since yesterday. I guess they are to busy but I am not going to insist any longer. 

That's a bummer, I know what you mean. I sent a response, but no answer, yet. I'd probably persist until I finally get one, but the M-E 240 caught my attention through the wait. And since I found out it is limited, I don't want to miss out on that, too. Still, I pictured myself with that blue M9 traveling the world (okay, parts of the world), but I hope everyone else who wants one will get their orders straightened out. 

22 hours ago, hillavoider said:

M9 MM is also coming? 

where can you see the leather colour options? is there a website address I missed? 

thanks

Here are pics of the leather options Michel had included in his email. It's hard to make out the labels on the middle spread, but I recognize ostrich among others :$ 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Charadis said:

That's a bummer, I know what you mean. I sent a response, but no answer, yet. I'd probably persist until I finally get one, but the M-E 240 caught my attention through the wait. And since I found out it is limited, I don't want to miss out on that, too. Still, I pictured myself with that blue M9 traveling the world (okay, parts of the world), but I hope everyone else who wants one will get their orders straightened out. 

Me too. I have a trip to China in November and I would love to take a black M9-P with dark brown leather along :) He told me that any color change is included, I wonder if Ostrich is also “free” of charge??? 

I also try calling but there is no English option and I don’t speak German, so have no clue what the recording told me lol

Edited by rivi1969
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 minutes ago, rivi1969 said:

Me too. I have a trip to China in November and I would love to take a black M9-P with dark brown leather along :) He told me that any color change is included, I wonder if Ostrich is also “free” of charge??? 

Beautiful combo. Hey, we can still dream! I might be going to the Philippines in October, but I was hoping to have the M9 before my trip to NYC on the 22nd this month. 

Aha, I didn't really understand about the color options, but I assume everything included in the pictures are part of that color change. I thought it was interesting to see Ostrich as an option, but I've researched and found that Leica previously sent out a statement for one of their special edition M9s that the Ostrich "leather" used is an "Ostrich effect" and not real. I'm wondering if this is actual Ostrich though. 

In his original email: 

Attached you will see all M9/M9-P´s with the different color possibilities.

The other files shows all the leathering possibilities you have.

It´s no problem to exchange the leathering on one camera.

55 minutes ago, david strachan said:

Dear rivi

I hope you get your FF M9.  But you are such an expert with the M8...so do take it to China as well. I enjoyed your Japan pics so much.

I use also FF now with M-P (typ 240) but still find my M8's  have more bite.

Happy frames and cheers...

Thank you David :) I am glad you enjoy my Japan/M8 pics...

A friend of mine is willing to sell me her mint 262 in case I don't get the M9, but maybe I am just experimenting some serious episode of GAS that will fade if I don't get any reply from Leica, which I fear that's going to happen. It is a pretty odd communication with those guys. Congrats on your MP240! where can I see your pics taken with it?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 12:47 AM, rivi1969 said:

Michel from Customer Service told me that the leather is free of charge and that I can choose from any a-la-carte options they have. But still waiting with the payment process. No way I will give away my CC info over an email.

Just call Michel to provide your CC info. This is what I did ... happy to get an M9 years after selling mine...

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Samir Jahjah said:

Just call Michel to provide your CC info. This is what I did ... happy to get an M9 years after selling mine...

Stunning!! Congratulations, very beautiful combo :) I assume you speak German? I called but never manage to go beyond the voice recording lol

Hello All, I’m  new to this fine group. Based on the comments here, It is pretty clear that the factory is not set up for direct sales. I also sent an email and received the options email notes here in return. I had not received a follow up so I called the number in Michel’s email. The phone was immediately answered and when I asked the woman who answered spoke in perfect English. She said that Michel was with other customers and that he would contact me . He did and now I am apparently in line for a refurbished M9. Based on my correspondence i was told that they have 150 units of which 20 have been sold. It appears that they refurbish as they get orders. In other words I don’t think they have a stash of new sensor M9s ready to ship. 

Looking forward to receiving one!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 10:56 PM, Jnd28 said:

Hello All, I’m  new to this fine group. Based on the comments here, It is pretty clear that the factory is not set up for direct sales. I also sent an email and received the options email notes here in return. I had not received a follow up so I called the number in Michel’s email. The phone was immediately answered and when I asked the woman who answered spoke in perfect English. She said that Michel was with other customers and that he would contact me . He did and now I am apparently in line for a refurbished M9. Based on my correspondence i was told that they have 150 units of which 20 have been sold. It appears that they refurbish as they get orders. In other words I don’t think they have a stash of new sensor M9s ready to ship. 

Looking forward to receiving one!

Thanks for the input! Sounds like they got quite a few units left to go around still. But that’s probavly split between black/silver/steel grey, and regular and -P models, so specific options a bit more limited by model and case color. If you’re picky. Like me 🙂 

Glad to know there are a bunch and more people will be able to enjoy them.

Yes, I thought they were completely ready, but I got notice that my camera is the #11 on the list and will be ready for shipping in 3 or 4 weeks at the most because they need to put it together. I picked a very sexy combo; silver M9-P and taupe brown leather :) I will report back once I get it!

Edited by rivi1969
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...