Bug - Exposure count issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Starting this weekend this bug surfaced, exposure count never exceeds L-15.  I have pulled battery, reformatted cards and changed cards.  I can only attribute the issue to have happened after going from uhs-ii card to slower card.  Anyone else seeing this issue.... camera seems to function normally in all other aspects.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Is that screenshot taken in playback mode (i.e., displaying a picture you have already taken) or in photo mode (i.e., displaying something you intend to photograph)? The reasons I ask are:

1. I don't think the focus area indicator appears in playback mode (but I could be wrong—I don't have my camera to hand).
  2. In photo mode the number shows the number of exposures remaining on the card—not the number of photos taken (see generally page 23 of the English downloadable manual).

Sorry if this is not helpful!

Edit: I've misunderstood and you still have the problem I suggest you save any user profiles you've created to an SD card then reset the camera (and re-load the saved user profiles).

Stephen

Edited by Stephen_C

I might be wrong, isn’t that display associated with continuous shooting. The number of images remaining to be shot as the buffer fills up. It goes down as you take photos faster than the buffer can empty. On my camera I get the “L” 15 when I’m holding the shutter button half pressed. When I release pressing the button, it reverts to a total remaining. Sorry, if I’m stating the obvious. 

Is the shutter button stuck half pressed? 

Tried toggling different views pushing the center button?

Connect using FOTOS. Does it look the same? 

Tried continuous shooting and fill the buffer. Does it not revert to total shots remaining after the buffer is empty?

Is the focus rectangle not visible? That’s certainly  a big clue.

Tried resetting the camera?  

For sure tried camera in single shot mode? 

Edited by iQ2

iQ2 was correct... toggling views and changing drive modes returned my exposure count.  Sorry for the half baked bug post. 😅🤓 never been this happy to be wrong. 

Stephen_C thx for tip of saving profiles... I will definitely file that suggestion away.

Edited by DexL
  • Like 1