Kipon Iberit: Five L-Mount Prime Lenses

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Kipon – known as a provider of lens adapters – now offers L-Mount lenses (Leica SL / CL / TL/ Lumix S).

The range includes five manual focus prime lenses:

» KIPON Amazon-Shop

Here is a video by Charlie Carter who had the opportunity to test the lenses:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how their 75/2.5 L mount compares with my recently ordered 7Artisans M mount 75mm/1..25 lens. I prefer to buy in M mount other than my real favourite of LTM, as that confers more flexibility of usage than L mount does, especially for manual focus lenses, where there is no advantage to the L mount over M (plus an adapter for L). For the last 13 years I have not been very happy with my very early (1st week of on sale) 75/2.5 Summarit, which somehow makes really boring looking "flat" photos, so I have consigned it to being used as a technical/copying lens, where its flat rendition is a boon. For photographic use I much prefer my 1952 85/1.5 LTM Summarex, which has character in bags and for a mid 30's design, pre-optical path electronic computer analysis, is an amazing performer with high contrast and resolution at least in the centre of the image. Max's ladies must have worked overtime on their comptomers or whirly calculators to compute that one. I am hoping that the 75/1.25 7Artisans will have similar characteristics to the Summarex in a smaller and far lighter package. I am sure it will not be nearly as good as the 75/1.25 Noctilux but at 5% of the price, I would bet it will not be 20 times worse. 

Wilson

Edited by wlaidlaw

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have the 75mm in Fuji X mount and it is my favourite lens. At 2.4 it is not that fast but it does not need to be I still get short depth of field, and for low light the sensor seems to cope well enough for me and as reported everywhere it is very sharp. The main benefit is the size, this thing it tiny and light compared to alternatives, it is all metal and the X mount and I believe the M mount versions have a clicked aperture ring but I notice that in the above review the SL-Mount is reported as being de-clicked. I don't know if the is across the SL range I assume do.

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the 75mm in Sony E mount and I am quite happy with the lens. My other mid-tele was a 90 summicron m mount and I picked up the Kipon because of the weight also the Kipon has a shorter focus throw so it is quicker to focus.