Is your CL hot?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am enjoying having added the CL (and 18-56) to my kit.  I especially like the way it integrates with my M lenses.  So it is a perfect compliment to my M system and has replaced my M43 system in that regard (almost all sold).  However, i find that in use, the CL body gets quite warm.  Warmer to the point of being almost hot.  I have never noticed this with any of my previous EVF cameras.  Is this common?  Is is likely to result in a reduced life of the camera?  

On 8/5/2019 at 2:37 PM, Le Chef said:

Does anyone know the source of the heat? Is it processor, battery, memory card or..?

What causes the heat buildup?

What’s stopping the dissipation of the heat?

Anyone know?

Mostly processor and sensor, the dissipation problems arise from lack of space inside the camera. 

My heating issues could be due in part to my technique:  I never use the power reduction settings, have the camera set to stay switched on for long periods, including the rear screen, and never switch it off manually until I am completely finished the shoot.  (I do carry extra batteries.  I use the Watson batteries that are identical to the Leica battery, but a quarter of the price.)

I have a baptism shoot, and then an outdoor shoot for a charity coming up shortly.  So I'll see how it does then.  Happily, no reliability issues so far, and I hope it stays that way. 😄