Firmware 3.1 released

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, cirke said:

my AF zone keeps moving , I cannot lock it totally and forever at the center

can someone explain the way to do it step by step ?  thank you

I always use M mode and before the update left wheel was Aperture and right wheel Speed, now it is the opposite , how can I have it Left Aperture and Right Speed ?
thanks

I'd have to look, but I am sure that the wheel switching menu item is still present.

The focus zone is indeed not locked in the centre, it cannot be moved by touching the screen, but it can by the arrow buttons or tracking focus, and that is all that is needed to stop it getting lost accidentally, or am I missing something? It is in the position where you left it.

• Like 1

All my lenses were updated too, do this before you set up your camera because after each lens update your camera resets too...Well, mine did. LOVE the AE lock, a few things missing still but I would say this FW update has definitely improved the camera for me.

3 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Mine did not reset the camera when updating the lens as far as I can see. Which settings did you lose?

Only the basic settings, I shoot in M mode with MF and a couple of other basic settings that were reset after the lens update.

28 minutes ago, jaapv said:

but it can by the arrow buttons or tracking focus, and that is all that is needed to stop it getting lost accidentally, or am I missing something? It is in the position where you left it.

No it is exactly the same than before, I closed the CL with focus zone at the center, re open it and the focus zone is lost somewhere on the edge

I have no idea how to keep it as I want

57 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Didn't it just go to the default profile?

Yes it wasn't a profile that i had set up and saved as a user setting, it reverted back to the defaults yes... I don't use the user settings (silly me I should). It's not a problem just an observation.

7 hours ago, cirke said:

I always use M mode and before the update left wheel was Aperture and right wheel Speed, now it is the opposite , how can I have it Left Aperture and Right Speed ?
thanks

If memory serves (and it does less and less these days), there was a lot of complaining about the aperture/speed set up before. A lot wanted it the way it's been "fixed". I sort of understand that. We manually set the aperture on manual focus lenses with our left hand, and the speed dial has always been on the right side of the camera. I was always getting it wrong, myself, on the CL.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cirke said:

i have no user profile

Why not? You're not getting the full capabilities of the camera for retaining the settings you want to use without setting up at least one user profile. 

Without access to the CL: Can now af be assigned to a button different from the shutter-release button? The inability of decoupling focus and shutter drowe me nuts (for wild life photography), so I sold the CL w/lenses after some months use...

20 minutes ago, helged said:

Without access to the CL: Can now af be assigned to a button different from the shutter-release button? The inability of decoupling focus and shutter drowe me nuts (for wild life photography), so I sold the CL w/lenses after some months use...

No. As mentioned before it works only as AF lock for just ONE frame. I sold CL for the same reason

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smogg said:

No. As mentioned before it works only as AF lock for just ONE frame. I sold CL for the same reason

Too bad. Simplicity is fine and admirable, but only to the extent it does not limit the usability... Hopefully CL2 gets things sorted out!