Firmware 3.1 released

Wow. that looks like a major upgrade. all kinds of rumors that Leica is going to let the CL/TL2 line lapse. hoping this proves them wrong.

On the Reddot "how to" video, they're calling it 2.0. But I'm thinking that's an earlier standardized video and just as an example for all future upgrades. The current upgrade is really 1.3.

Edited by bags27

9 minutes ago, bags27 said:

sorry: completely forgot how to upload my old profiles saved on the SD card. Help? thanks.

MENU > USER PROFILES > MANAGE PROFILES > EXPORT PROFILES will write them to the SD card.

Of course, you want to do this AFTER you format the SD card or you'll just erase them again. :D

Note: I've found that even though I do this for every firmware update, afterwards I've often had to go into each User Profile, reselect the lens I use for that profile, and re-save the profile. (I use all M and R lenses, so all of my profiles have specific default lens profiles assigned...)

Edited by ramarren

• jaapv changed the title to Firmware 3.1 released
2 minutes ago, ramarren said:

MENU > USER PROFILES > MANAGE PROFILES > EXPORT PROFILES will write them to the SD card.

Of course, you want to do this AFTER you format the SD card or you'll just erase them again. :D

Thanks! Actually, I need to IMPORT, which I did. I figure you saved me at least an hour's work. I'll be in the Monterey area the next 2 weeks, but will be in the Bay Area again next year, and owe you a drink!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Le Chef said:

Do I need to install Firmware 2.1 before I install 3.1?

No.

Loading firmware essentially wipes the camera's system clean and loads a completely new set of programs and data.