'Info' interface on TL2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am wondering if it is possible to lock the 'Info' on screen interface on the TL2. At least in my case even with the screen locked (swipe down) touching the 'Info' on screen button will cause it to change to whatever is next. If not can I at least configure the 'Info' screens to what I might want.

Thank you for your thoughts..

Cheers, Terry

Hi Nicci

Yes, I can lock the whole touch screen by sweeping down on the right side - a lock icon shows in the bar, to unlock you swipe up. So in my case I have both wheels locked as well as the lock on the bar on the right side of the LCD. 

If there is some way to lock the touch screen down even further I am stumped on how to do (find) it. I had the camera out today and on several occasions when I brought the camera with all the locks on up it was in video mode - meaning when I press the shutter button rather than a still picture a video starts recording. Absolutely maddening.

Cheers, Terry

14 hours ago, terrycioni said:

Hi Nicci

Yes, I can lock the whole touch screen by sweeping down on the right side - a lock icon shows in the bar, to unlock you swipe up. So in my case I have both wheels locked as well as the lock on the bar on the right side of the LCD. 

If there is some way to lock the touch screen down even further I am stumped on how to do (find) it. I had the camera out today and on several occasions when I brought the camera with all the locks on up it was in video mode - meaning when I press the shutter button rather than a still picture a video starts recording. Absolutely maddening.

Cheers, Terry

that made me annoyed too so I changed the video button to something else

• Thanks 1

Well after a lot of head scratching on my part... It seems that if you - as I did - re-assign the FN button to say Exposure Compensation the camera will make the shutter button the video button. That should be OK for the most part - but in my case I carry the camera around my neck and some times on my shoulder - and even though I have the wheels locked and the right side tool bar locked the screen position can change during the process of walking (kind of like swiping left or right) so when you bring the camera up to eye level it is in video mode and if you press the shutter button you will record a video rather than shoot a still image.

I did take a number of silly steps - I removed the screen protector thinking it was causing the problem and made sure to wear cotton shirts to avoid static..none of which worked as I was walking with it around my neck it would switch to video mode as though I had swiped right on the LCD.

I (had) deliberately re-assigned the FN as I never intend to shoot video with the camera - anyway it is back to out of back status of FN button is the video record button and all is well now. I hope this makes sense it is a bit tough to explain.

Cheers, Terry