Neil A. Duncan

He may be having fun at our expense. We are having fun too!

I'm sure someone out there will give him what he thinks they are worth, nothing. Best of luck finding another range finder system if he is interested in RF's. He can always adapt his lenses to other system with EVF's. 

Back in 2016 after wanting an M outfit for many years I found myself in a position to afford one. Given my budget at the time it was either going to be a new M262 or a used M240. I rationalised at the time that i didn't need live view or the movie function and bought the lower specified M262.

Now here is the opportunity to obtain a M240 at a relatively low price - a price quite a bit lower than I paid for the M262.

Am I cross? - No!

I have seized the opportunity and ordered an ME240 - as I imagine others will have done. 

Sometimes it can be a bit infuriating when prices appear to come down after one has made a significant investment - but it happens everywhere.

Back in 1982 I bought an Acorn BBC Model B computer. Cost £399 for processing unit and keyboard -disk drive, monitors and printers all extra! Today, whilst Acorn computers are no longer with us,  one can buy a fairly well specified laptop for £399.

It happens everywhere these days!   

If I was Neil Duncan I would shut up and go and order an ME240! 😃

John

Edited by jhluxton

On 7/21/2019 at 2:14 PM, Jeff S said:

Did Sony release another model today?  It’s been at least a week.

Jeff

Well, it literally happened: one week has passed since the last new Sony camera (A7r IV) and another has just been announced. And it’s version 7 of a previous model (RX100 VII).

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Webb`s new book will be released late September, I believe most of it was shot on the M9 & M240. Look at that work in that book and consider that the cameras were released in 2009 and 2013 and all that matters is the person using it.  

Edited by LeicaTobin
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...