Show us your Summilux-M 28mm f/1.4 ASPH wide open shots

Chaemono

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just added a few of these BTS Shots to my Dropbox, I could cry every time I see the results here in the forum. I don't mind my images being downscaled but they are just not sharp at all, anyway: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1cyvmdwjl3iodxb/AADO4nhV5qdvEnLvFijC33FCa?dl=0.

Edited by BJohn
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

M10M, no filter

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

On 3/14/2021 at 12:18 AM, BJohn said:

I love the colors and tonality of this image.

Do you use a kind of software plug-in or filter? If so, which?

If not, then how did you get this result? ... if I may ask... 🙂

• Like 1

With M240

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
Am 24.7.2019 um 22:25 schrieb BJohn:

Band Shooting with Chasing Whisper (3)

Hi Ben, I like your image styles. For the Classic Presets, which film simulation do you typically use. Do you pay attention when taking the photo or in post processing to lighten it up and do the contrary of dehaze (haze) , lower contrast etc to get the film look? Thanks. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Am 12.5.2021 um 21:33 schrieb LarsHP:

I would also be curious to learn more. Those colors look amazingly natural. Very nice indeed.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:33 PM, LarsHP said:

Oh sorry! Have missed your post! Thank you very much for your kind words! I am using mainly Capture One with some official styles. These styles form the basic look of my photographs and then I'm trying to finetune a bit.

Edited by BJohn
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, Rokkor said:

Hi Ben, I like your image styles. For the Classic Presets, which film simulation do you typically use. Do you pay attention when taking the photo or in post processing to lighten it up and do the contrary of dehaze (haze) , lower contrast etc to get the film look? Thanks. 

I tended to use the classic presets from Andre Duhme (https://theclassicpresets.com/) but currently I am mainly using Capture One with some official styles as mentioned above. What I am using as a starting point on a regular basis is to directly select Base Characteristics -> Curve: Linear Response. This kind of removes some of the harsh contrast of modern lenses - at least a bit and I like that. Most of the images referenced are edited with the Latitude - Sunbound Styles, e.g. SB-01 - Serengeti. Then I usually add some minor colour / curve adjustments, maybe vignetting, bit of grain. That's my approach :)

Cheers!

Edited by BJohn
  • Thanks 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb BJohn:

I tended to use the classic presets from Andre Duhme (https://theclassicpresets.com/) but currently I am mainly using Capture One with some official styles as mentioned above. What I am using as a starting point on a regular basis is to directly select Base Characteristics -> Curve: Linear Response. This kind of removes some of the harsh contrast of modern lenses - at least a bit and I like that. Most of the images referenced are edited with the Latitude - Sunbound Styles, e.g. SB-01 - Serengeti. Then I usually add some minor colour / curve adjustments, maybe vignetting, bit of grain. That's my approach :)

Cheers!

Thanks for your answer. Classic Presets are cool and so are the RNI styles. I made the same experience with the linear curves. It feels more natural. Somehow modern lenses look great and at the same time it can be too clinical also for my taste. Will take a look at the Sunbound Styles. Sound interesting and your images look great. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

The 28 Summilux creates such beautiful results. 

A question for anyone who owns both the 28mm and 35mm Summilux:  Is the rendering of the 35 close to that of the 28, or is it significantly different?

They're different.  The 35mm fle is very crisp and transparent.  The 28mm summilux is warmer and has a bit more subtle contrast.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rcusick said:

They're different.  The 35mm fle is very crisp and transparent.  The 28mm summilux is warmer and has a bit more subtle contrast.  

So I'm going to want one of each, for different uses.

My wife will be overjoyed to hear the good news. 😁

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Haha 3

Mea Shearim 2019

M10, Summilux 28mm

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Artin said:

Tell me these pictures are Boring and non cinematic .... this is 35mm FLE wide open 

No offense, but they are. They're probably special to you because of the special person in the photo, and that's great. But in terms of rendering, they look dull, transparent, and boring to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Artin said:

but I have always found 28mm the most boring focal length for full frame

I can understand that, considering that, from what I can see, most of your photography is about portraiture. At least based on what you post on here. 

I used to dislike 28mm a lot. It's only when I got into street photography that I understood the potential of it for environmental portraiture. That being said, I still prefer the 35mm focal length. 

8 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Anthropomorphism. It’s the photographer’s responsibility to make non-boring pics.  

Jeff

Sure. But his responsibility is easier to bear with an interesting lens! The 35 FLE renders like a Sony lens. Other very credible member of this forum have backed me up on this, Jeff, if you remember... 

• Like 1