Q2 Spare Battery Question

New battery are put into storage mode. No problem at all, even 5 years later on shelves

Lithium Ion battery, starts to wear off, when you start to charge it. Around 500 times of full charging cycle 0-100% 

Edited by nicci78

1 hour ago, bourne said:

I am traveling to London next week.  Any thoughts on whether I might have any luck purchasing a spare battery for Q2 while there?  Recommendations?

If you do find one, you’ll be pleased to discover that the U.K. price is (officially) at least 30% less than US list.

research the list of U.K. Leica distributors and call them up.

33 minutes ago, bullmoon said:

How you get an old battery?  I can't get one at all!  I'd take any age at this point.  Kind of a bummer on vacation worrying about dying battery every day.

The battery for the Q2 is the same type as for the Leica SL.  That’s an older camera, hence batteries will have been in existence prior to the Leica Q2.   

I think Florham Camera of Florham, NJ USA 973-822-2626 may have some Q2 batteries.  I added my name to a wait list for a Q2 just a month ago and It is now shipping to me.  I should have my Q2 in 3 days. When I completed the order I was asked if I also wanted a spare battery.  Small shop but the owner, Gary Stein, was helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just ordered a spare battery from Red Dot Cameras in London.  Will pick up when there in a week.  Great customer service.  Price is considerably less than what US retailers are charging for the batteries?!

1 minute ago, bourne said:

Just ordered a spare battery from Red Dot Cameras in London.  Will pick up when there in a week.  Great customer service.  Price is considerably less than what US retailers are charging for the batteries?!

What’s their price? 

16 minutes ago, iQ2 said:

What’s their price? 

In the UK , tax inclusive prices are between £105  and £115 depending on dealer.

Edited by lucerne

On 7/21/2019 at 6:11 PM, Bulabarry said:

I think Florham Camera of Florham, NJ USA 973-822-2626 may have some Q2 batteries.  I added my name to a wait list for a Q2 just a month ago and It is now shipping to me.  I should have my Q2 in 3 days. When I completed the order I was asked if I also wanted a spare battery.  Small shop but the owner, Gary Stein, was helpful. 

ditto - I just bought a spare Q2 battery from Gary Stein. Also FYI he says he regularly gets a good number of Q2 cams so if you're in the market give him a call. 973-822-2626

On 7/21/2019 at 6:11 PM, Bulabarry said:

Just spoke with Gary Stein. He has a shipment of batteries coming in later this week. I ordered one and he gave me 10% discount.