SF40 manual mode and Auto ISO

dunos

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Based on experimentation it looks like when the SF40 is in Manual mode, the camera (M10) can not be used with Auto-ISO.

I had been hoping to use the SF40 to provide a little manually adjustable fill to my usual settings (Auto-ISO, Auto-Shutter)... but it looks as if to use the flash in manual, I also need to use the camera in manual. Would anyone be able to confirm my suspicions?

I had been using a (rather large and weighty) non-Leica flash with Auto-ISO and Auto-Shutter without issue (other than it being large and heavy compared to the SF40).

This isn't going to be my only working practice with the SF40, but I was rather hoping to be able to use it as described above.

Edited by dunos

I think the camera as  soon detects a flash selects the higher or the lower AUTOISO sett and keeps this value whatever the mode the flash is. This  erratic behavior are followed for both camera  and whatever flash you put on it. The same if you put A mode in the camera. AutoIso doesn't marry with flashes because… which orders what?  The sensor according the meter or according the intensity of the flash light. It seems to me that the camera uses the max or min ISO that finds in the shutter moment  and follows the exposure due to the intensity of the flash.

Maybe  I'm in a mess. Please can someone help me?

Francisco. 

The flash keeps in AUTO (TTL mode) and does its job, but the problem remains when one treats to know why ISO selected by the camera always is 1000 or 200 (thinking of you have determined previously that those values must be the  max and min ISO, respectively). :confused:

The exposure of the  photography  is correct, but you have lost the medium values of ISO and why if the first picture has been taken at 1000 ISO the following images are always taken at 1000 ISO if the lighting conditions are better than before.

Francisco.