SL and Q combo

The Q is my28mm lens. On SL I have Summilux-SL 50mm, other SL Apo-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm (or 18mm or 90mm M lens).

So, it’s like asking how many pictures I take on each focal length (or spend time taking). Im carrying the combination I see fit to what I’m expecting on the situation. Sometimes I just go with SL+24-90 or Q and SL+Summilux-M 50mm (lighter, smaller). I wouldn’t consider owning a 28mm M or SL lens.

• Like 1

My time is split among three cameras at present.

Hasselblad X1D:  Anything contemplative where I don’t need to worry about weight

SL: Anything with any motion to speak of

Q2: Travel, street, family, casual, and more contemplative photos where the weight of the X1D is a hassle.

I’d say 50% is the X1D, 30% is the Q2, and 20% is the SL.

The Q2 does complement the SL well if you want a two camera system.  The big difference, obviously, is in the flexibility of the SL lenses.  Zooms from 16-180, some lovely primes, and the entire world of ‘M’ mount lenses.  Only real disadvantage over the Q is the obvious one of size and weight.  But that’s a huge disadvantage for certain types of photography, so the Q has and will continue to have a place for me.