nameBrandon

New Body Bag for M10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just wanted to share a find I'd made recently. When I travel, I'll sometimes pack away my Domke bag in a checked suitcase since they mash down pretty well. I'll then bring my M10 and a few lenses in my carry on backpack with my laptop, headphones, etc.. (which is not a photography backpack). I'd been looking for a good padded 'sleeve' for the M10 for a while, and finally found one on Amazon. It fits even with the thumb grip attached. All for $8 USD.

This is the product link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJMM65D and the full product description since I'm sure the URL will change for someone reading this years from now.. "LENTION Storage Pouch Bag Case for Accessories (Laptop Power Adapter, Wireless Mouse, Phone Charger, Cellphone, Power Bank, Travel Cable Organizer) - Dark Gray".

Attaching some images so you can see how well this fits (thumb grip is attached in these photos).

Edited by nameBrandon

1 hour ago, LBJ2 said:

Hello. Do you think the M10 with Leica Grip will fit in this bag? 

Not sure.. it's a pretty snug fit as is though the neoprene certainly stretches. Just depends on how large the grip is.. I have no experience with it.

12 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

Lens?

"Body bag".. No lens. :)

It's for camera body protection when traveling. I can put this loose in a regular 'school' type backpack with other items (such as lenses in their pouch, laptop, etc..) and not need a dedicated photo backpack / bag. 

If you have a dedicated photo bag for traveling, you can put that into your checked suitcase (I usually stuff clothing in my photo backpack when doing this, to save room), then you can bring the camera in any regular bag without dedicated compartments or dividers and it won't be scratched or damaged by other items in the bag.

Edited by nameBrandon

Thank you nameBrandon. Looks like a very good/protective slim fit for the camera alone. Good idea. I've been using a Domke wrap for M10 + Grip which does the job, but not as slim and trim as this body bag which might motivate me to take the grip off the camera when I need slim and trim for carrying in a non photo bag.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, LBJ2 said:

Thank you nameBrandon. Looks like a very good/protective slim fit for the camera alone. Good idea. I've been using a Domke wrap for M10 + Grip which does the job, but not as slim and trim as this body bag which might motivate me to take the grip off the camera when I need slim and trim for carrying in a non photo bag.

You're welcome! It's now down to $6.39.. Looks like I overpaid at $7.99! :P

Since I can't remember last time I brought my camera without a lens attached, I'm all for the original Leica one in leather. It's perfect in size but still provides enough protection to put down in a bag (since I'm a Swede, I of course always bring my trusty Fjällräven Greenland bag with a little bit of padding in the bottom ;) ).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.