Advertisement (gone after registration)

The first time I charged my Q2's battery it went to the green "charge" light. Yesterday the battery indicator was red. so I charged it overnight. this morning both the green charge and the orange 80% are lite. does this mean it's not fully charging? I pulled it out and re-inserted it. the charge was blinking but then stopped after 5 minutes. the orange 80% is still lite.? to me this means it's stuck between 80-100%? ? Anyone else experience this?

It may take several charge cycles to reach the maximum charge capacity of a LiIon battery. I’d guess that’s what’s going on with your hattery. I’d recommend using the camera and letting the battery get below half-charge then recharge it. Hopefully it achieves full charge as indicated after a few cycles. 

On mine when the green light stops flashing but is a continuous green light , the orange light is also still lit.

The battery indicator in the EVF shows that it is is charged 88 to 100% (5 bars in the battery icon)

Thanks guys. Colourise, mine too. I think i'm ok. but also, i'll take iQ2's advice and shoot, let it go down and then re-charge it.

1 hour ago, Ron Naeve said:

Thanks guys. Colourise, mine too. I think i'm ok. but also, i'll take iQ2's advice and shoot, let it go down and then re-charge it.

I bought the Nitecore charger and like it a lot. Smaller and works off USB. It gives the mAH used to charge the battery which would be the actual capacity of the battery if it were fully discharged before you started charging. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CRTZMO
      Does anyone own or has anyone seen a Leica Q2 Thumb support?
      Thanks in advance for a quick ping if you have — cheers!

• By Tinbird
      I've noticed my Q2 often (25%-35% of the time) will capture TWO identical images in rapid succession with a SINGLE squeeze of the shutter release. Naturally, I've ensured that the exposure mode is in SINGLE and not in multiple, continuous, or bracketing modes. This is becoming annoying (and wasteful of storage space), not to mention sometimes confusing (especially on those occasions when I AM bracketing exposures, and instead of 3 or 5 nicely bracketed exposures, I end up with 4 or 6 bracketed images, two of which are identical in exposure). Again, I've repeatedly confirmed that I'm in single-shot mode, and most of the time, the camera correctly takes a single exposure, as commanded. However, a significant minority of the time (25%-35%), TWO identical images are produced with a SINGLE click of the shutter release. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, are there any solutions short of returning the camera for repairs/replacement? P.S. I also own and have exposed thousands of images with the Q, and never experienced this issue.
    • By Herr Barnack
      For those who use the Q2 to create black and white images, what have you found is the way to get the best results in terms of image quality? 
      Do you shoot in color then convert to B&W in post processing?  If so, which software program do you prefer? 
      I know we already have a Q2 image thread, but if we could see some examples of B&W images made with the Q2 in this thread by way of example, that would be great.  My Q2 is on the way and I want to learn about how to maximize it for black and white imagery, particularly for making exhibit quality B&W prints.  I'm sure many others will be interest in this, too.
    • By Herr Barnack
      I have been thinking of acquiring a Q2 for a while and am about 90% ready to make that commitment.  I see the Q2 as an addition to my Leica system, which at present includes an M4-P, M-P 240 and a handful of lenses. 
      I am pretty well content with my M-P 240 but it does have a couple of shortcomings - shutter noise and not so great ISO range.  For print making, I have found that I can get away with somewhere between ISO 800-1600 before noise becomes a problem, depending on a number of variables other than just ISO. 
      The Q2 seems to resolve those two issues, with weather sealing, autofocus, f/1.7 and a big honking sensor thrown in to sweeten the deal. 
      As far as the focal length that some complain about being "stuck with" on the Q2, that is not really a concern to me.  Before I made the jump to digital when I got my M240 back in 2013, I had shot with my film MP and 28 Summicron ASPH extensively. 
      The 28 is an excellent all-around focal length IMHO.  It is sort of like the 35mm focal length, but requires a bit more of the photographer in terms of thinking, discipline and not being afraid to get close to your subjects; it is also an excellent focal length for travel, documentary and landscape work IMHO.  I learned to deal with these issues (thinking, discipline, getting closer to my subjects) when shooting with my MP and 28 'cron, so I won't feel "stuck" or short changed by having only the 28mm focal length lens on the Q2.
      In thinking about the Q2, this morning I had the thought that absence of the coupled rangefinder mechanism notwithstanding, the Q2 is somewhat of an autofocus counterpart of the M10 in the Leica lineup as a whole.  There is no equal to the flagship M10-P in the Leica product lineup (though some of the other digital M cameras come close), but the Q2 seems to have earned its place next to the M-10-P.  In looking at my Leica kit as a whole, I can see the Q2 as being an able backup camera to my M-P 240 and an alternative to it as my daily carry camera.  I think the Q2 will fulfill those roles with aplomb. 
      I am wondering how the Q2 has fit in to the scheme of things for others who shoot with it and digital M cameras, and if the Q2 has served its purpose well in your photographic endeavors. 
      Also:  Is it fairly accurate to think of the Q2 as somewhat of an autofocus counterpart of the M-P 240 or M10-P?
      Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and impressions. 😎

• By John D
      Couple disappointments having just purchased my Q2...(1) keen to register it and officially join the community, but the Leica members area on the website seems to be "under construction." (2) Also had disappointing experience trying to connect camera to iphone / ipad via Leica Fotos. The App tells me it has found the camera, tells me to connect to wifi (I press connect)...only to be told "connection failed." Have read on this forum...Fotos 1.3.1 is not up-to date for OS13??  Will take the advice of others and use a SD card reader to transfer! (But it would be nice if the App worked).