NYC

dkmoore

Advertisement (gone after registration)

31 minutes ago, fotografr said:

My fault entirely. I jumped to a conclusion but not based on anything you said. I had posted a version of your photo that had the bright edges toned down and when I didn't see a response I thought I'd overstepped so I deleted it. Some people don't like having others make alterations to their images, which I completely understand. Now I'm thinking you might not have even seen it.

I didn’t see it and I don’t mind at all for future reference. If you haven’t deleted please post again. 

I have had incredibly long meetings the last two days. :  (

14 hours ago, dkmoore said:

I didn’t see it and I don’t mind at all for future reference. If you haven’t deleted please post again. 

I have had incredibly long meetings the last two days. :  (

I think I still have it. I'll check when I get back to my main computer. I remember meetings. Always hated them.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

Still on my desktop. :D The idea with this is that bright areas on the edges of an image tend to pull viewers eyes away from the central part of the photo. That's why a lot of photojournalists burn down the edges of their photos or use dark vignetting. Sometimes that effect is overdone.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, fotografr said:

Still on my desktop. :D The idea with this is that bright areas on the edges of an image tend to pull viewers eyes away from the central part of the photo. That's why a lot of photojournalists burn down the edges of their photos or use dark vignetting. Sometimes that effect is overdone.

I 100% agree with what you did here. I like the edges darkened for sure. Good tip.

• Thanks 1

Another image from last weekends walk around. "skewed view"

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't often dwell on photos in this forum but i really enjoyed this set ...somewhat idiosyncratic (i mean it in a positive way), and my favourite is the "skewed view" photo which is sublime.

I prefer the bridge/puddle photo without the edge burning....I like that blown out bit at lower right :)

...but I found the colour one somewhat jarring and perhaps even contrived but that probably because I don't do colour.

5 hours ago, Weevil said:

I don't often dwell on photos in this forum but i really enjoyed this set ...somewhat idiosyncratic (i mean it in a positive way), and my favourite is the "skewed view" photo which is sublime.

I prefer the bridge/puddle photo without the edge burning....I like that blown out bit at lower right :)

...but I found the colour one somewhat jarring and perhaps even contrived but that probably because I don't do colour.

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you took the time to respond. 

The color photo was an outlier but it had to be in color. In fact, I got out the M10 just for that shot as I tend to use the Monochrom 70% of the time.