What do you do with your images?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interesting topic to read replies. Thanks for starting the thread. I post about one picture a month on instagram, not including the casual friend photos taken with phone or Leica. 

My favorite sharing method is actually through iMessage (on Mac) which retains the resolution/quality. I have multiple groups chats and some will find certain photos more interesting than others. I will export a 3-8 MB jpeg using camera raw export and share in iMessage. I usually send the photos same or next day after taken so I can move on.  

Edited by Vov

On 7/13/2019 at 12:27 PM, Orguy said:

What do you do with your images after you have looked at them on your computer, possibly edited them, etc.? Do you post online somewhere (Instagram, Facebook...), or make prints for hanging or albums, make photobooks? If you have someone make prints for you, whom do you recommend?

Lots of things, more than I can answer briefly. 

You touch on the truly difficult part of photography: Learning how to make, render, and print photographs is pretty easy. Learning what to make photographs of, and why, is where the work begins. 

My simple answer is ... not enough.... constantly ask myself why???   Love taking them, hate editing them, print very rarely.  However, the few times I have taken the time to make photo books for friends and family they have given an awful lot of pleasure.  Did do some Stock photography early on, in fact it paid for quite a bit of kit, but don't bother now.  Photography is my me time.  Looking through images of places we have visited, old friends, documenting growing family,  just make me wish I had had the funds and the time to be more serious about photography earlier in life.   

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Boojay said:

My simple answer is ... not enough.... constantly ask myself why???   Love taking them, hate editing them, print very rarely.  However, the few times I have taken the time to make photo books for friends and family they have given an awful lot of pleasure.  Did do some Stock photography early on, in fact it paid for quite a bit of kit, but don't bother now.  Photography is my me time.  Looking through images of places we have visited, old friends, documenting growing family,  just make me wish I had had the funds and the time to be more serious about photography earlier in life.   

+1. Well said!! 

• Thanks 1