LEICA S SYSTEM DISCONTINUED?

TMKM

An S3 is officially announced at photokina 2018 (whereas the talks about SL2 are pure speculation btw) and planned to come out in September

Edited by otto.f

Advertisement (gone after registration)

David Farkas has a write up from an interview at Photokina 2018 with Dr. Andreas Kaufman, he discusses the S along with other systems:

https://www.reddotforum.com/content/2019/07/breakfast-with-dr-andreas-kaufmann/?unapproved=238293&moderation-hash=8dff9f7a96c0051c76c0682f6cd06291#comment-238293

17 minutes ago, darylgo said:

David Farkas has a write up from an interview at Photokina 2018 with Dr. Andreas Kaufman, he discusses the S along with other systems:

https://www.reddotforum.com/content/2019/07/breakfast-with-dr-andreas-kaufmann/?unapproved=238293&moderation-hash=8dff9f7a96c0051c76c0682f6cd06291#comment-238293

Jeff

I got mine brand-new yesterday 🙂 I think the S007 sensor, it's size and the lovely S lenses sure make it worthwhile, even now with 61 MP FF and other small MF 100 MP cameras.

Blazingly fast (coming from an S2-P) with outstanding IQ, good usable high ISO, live view and accurate AF on rear LCD and smart device through the app, files clean and big enough for large prints, etc, etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, peterv said:

I got mine brand-new yesterday 🙂 I think the S007 sensor, it's size and the lovely S lenses sure make it worthwhile, even now with 61 MP FF and other small MF 100 MP cameras.

Blazingly fast (coming from an S2-P) with outstanding IQ, good usable high ISO, live view and accurate AF on rear LCD and smart device through the app, files clean and big enough for large prints, etc, etc.

You got it correct. Industry is going to a direction I hope Leica won’t follow. 

• Like 1