S007 Rubber peels off

Jan1985

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have one issue with the S007 that makes me really angry. And this is something I never had with the cheapest Canon body I worked with.

It's the rubber that peels off after some time. 2 weeks ago I was in Wetzlar because on my SD Card Slot the Rubber peeled off and was hanging away... They fixed this. And now I see that on the right side of the camera the rubber also peels off in a much bigger piece. Leica told me that they developed a new glue with what they fixed my first peeled of rubber element. But now it seems that I need to send it in a second time to be fixed... That is something I never would have expected with a Body in this price category.... It's a shame for Leica even if I love the S and their ergonomics...

• Like 1

I had to send my 006 to Wetzlar to have the rubber replaced. It wasn't only a matter of glueing it though. The rubber stretched and wouldn't go back into place properly. Leica replaced the rubber. Now I have the 007 and all seems good so far. 

Oh you lucky guy.... I am a bit angry now. My S007 is from 2015. I was driven to Wetzlar one month ago to repair the rubber on the media slot. Now also the rubber around the whole grip on the right side peels off... That is really frustrating. I can not understand why a company as Leica uses a glue for an 18.000€ Body that does not resist a certain time... my Canon 500d from 2012 costed 500€ and now 2019 the rubber is still at its place.... This is something that makes me really angry... and they say "we now have another glue that should resist time and weather" LOL

• 3 months later...

I can imagine the frustration.  I don't live in an ultra humid or ultra dry environment (south east USA), and I've used my S007 in the heavy rain and on the beach since 2016, but not had these kind of problems.  I hope that it is fixed in whatever changes Leica made ...

• 1 month later...