jaeger

live view curtain close?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

new issue, after 1+ year of struggling with RF focusing issue.   I just had all the lenses fixed at Wetzlar, I just came back from Germany few days ago.  Now the live view curtain is close in random manner.  Problems never stop and I am super exhausted.  I wish someone here knows what is the problem and knows how to fix it.

I press the LV button again it comes back, but it goes black again after maybe few to 10 times of switching LV on and off.  I have tried to reinstall the firmware (to flush whatever was wrong) but it doesn't allow me to update to a same firmware 2.0.5

I don't want to ship, wait, fix, and create another new problem again and again... I felt like running in circle.

Turn the live view off and leave it off.

2 hours ago, lct said:

Lens/hood cap constantly removed or only randomly?

lens cap of course removed. 

2 hours ago, jdlaing said:

Turn the live view off and leave it off.

please don't make fun of it. 

12 minutes ago, jaeger said:

please don't make fun of it. 

Wasn’t meant to be funny. 

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

58 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

Wasn’t meant to be funny. 

I don't use live view all the time but I use live view for certain shots. 

Edited by jaeger

LV is so noisy on my M240 that i use it only randomly if any but i would try to turn auto review off and see what happens. Don't ask me why it's just what i'm doing personally.

11 hours ago, lct said:

LV is so noisy on my M240 that i use it only randomly if any but i would try to turn auto review off and see what happens. Don't ask me why it's just what i'm doing personally.

I don't use auto review neither, it has never on and always off.

This behavior of LV "wizardries" occured to me mainly with M10.

Some explanations : only with some LTM lenses with cutout adapter (on M 6bit sensor visible) and I forgot to set "No lens Detection",

and sometimes with the M lens but when the M gets hot in use (must wait to be able to use it again), with Visoflex 020 eye detection can be not so effective

(not the same with M + EVF2 which this feature is "manual")

and sometimes without explanation when I use Visoflex 020 (maybe false contacts ?), but you don't use EVF2,

do you ?

13 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

This behavior of LV "wizardries" occured to me mainly with M10.

Some explanations : only with some LTM lenses with cutout adapter (on M 6bit sensor visible) and I forgot to set "No lens Detection",

and sometimes with the M lens but when the M gets hot in use (must wait to be able to use it again), with Visoflex 020 eye detection can be not so effective

(not the same with M + EVF2 which this feature is "manual")

and sometimes without explanation when I use Visoflex 020 (maybe false contacts ?), but you don't use EVF2,

do you ?

yes I do use EVF2, however this problem happens on both EVF2 and Live View. 

Posted (edited)

How about a System Reset? Maybe even download/Install the latest Operating System!  A Question - Did you buy the camera New or Pre Owned? Hopefully through Leica Dealer- Speak with them..If you purchased Used privately - Then !!

Edited by lykaman

8 hours ago, lykaman said:

How about a System Reset? Maybe even download/Install the latest Operating System!  A Question - Did you buy the camera New or Pre Owned? Hopefully through Leica Dealer- Speak with them..If you purchased Used privately - Then !!

I bought it new in SF last year and still under warranty.  It seems to be a firmware issue or circuit board issue.  I will try reset and see, thanks for the idea.  I tried to reinstall the firmware but it doesn't allow me since it's the same version 2.0.5

7 minutes ago, jaeger said:

I bought it new in SF last year and still under warranty.  It seems to be a firmware issue or circuit board issue.  I will try reset and see, thanks for the idea.  I tried to reinstall the firmware but it doesn't allow me since it's the same version 2.0.5

Why not phone Leica Service!

Just now, lykaman said:

Why not phone Leica Service!

I'm in contact with Wetzlar.  But I wish to solve this by myself, so I post this issue here to see if anyone had experience and knows the work around.  Shipping it back and forth is time consuming.  Since I don't use EVF often I can deal with it until next time I stop by Germany.