mmx_2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi!

My Leica M10 and some lenses got stolen yesterday in Gothenburg. If anyone sees them, I would be grateful. To moderator, if this is the wrong place to post, please move it.

In the bag was:

3824764 Leica Elmarit-M 90
4081227 Leica Elmar-24-M
4112250 Leica Summilux 35 ASPH
5152626 Leica M10 Black
Leica E46 filterx2 (on the lenses)
Leica M10 Battery
Charger for Leica M10
HP Zbook 2017

I will also report to Leica.

Regards,

Joakim

@Joakim, I always hate to read posts of this nature - it's one of the worst things that can happen to a photographer (within the realm of photography, that is).

Hopefully getting the word out about your stolen kit and reporting it to Leica will bear fruit.  We all wish you rhe best of luck in recovering your gear.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Loft23 said:

Sorry to hear. Do you have insurance on your gear? Hopefully it was non-violent and you’re ok. 

We are all ok and have insurance that should cover it, haven’t heard from them yet but will during next week. Thanks for kind words!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

@Joakim, I always hate to read posts of this nature - it's one of the worst things that can happen to a photographer (within the realm of photography, that is).

Hopefully getting the word out about your stolen kit and reporting it to Leica will bear fruit.  We all wish you rhe best of luck in recovering your gear.

Thank you very much for your kind words!! Yes, it’s been reported to Leica already so if it appears in Germany, they will let me know. Insurance should cover it and thankfully we are all ok. Picturewise I lost maybe about two-three weeks (since we have been traveling and backup is at home). But that’s ok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry to hear about what has happened. I hope you are able to get your beloved items back.

I travel often and i was wondering if you can share what has happened as a learning for all of us who travel with our beloved Leica to capture those moments.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 8:23 PM, muah said:

Sorry to hear about what has happened. I hope you are able to get your beloved items back.

I travel often and i was wondering if you can share what has happened as a learning for all of us who travel with our beloved Leica to capture those moments.

Due to the ongoing police investigation I cannot share any details at this point, but I can only give a few hints:

*Never leave valuables in any vechicles, even for a short time

*Never leave you camera bag unattended

*Do not bring more than an absolute minimum of gear when travelling

*Take pictures of your home regularly

*Scan all receipts of your gear

*Take regular backup of your data

*Make sure to have a very good insurance that also covers your gear when travelling for work

I don't think I will ever see anything of the gear, but my insurance company has been very helpful and I have been fully compensated financially. I have since this happend bought a new M10, Super-Elmar 21 (instead of my 24) and a Summilux 35. I don't think I will replace the 90mm because it was so rarely used.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mmx_2 said:

I don't think I will ever see anything of the gear, but my insurance company has been very helpful and I have been fully compensated financially. 

The gear you lost now belongs to your insurance company, since they’ve paid your claim. At least you can move on with the replacements you’ve bought.

• 1 year later...
On 7/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, mmx_2 said:

Hi!

My Leica M10 and some lenses got stolen yesterday in Gothenburg. If anyone sees them, I would be grateful. To moderator, if this is the wrong place to post, please move it.

In the bag was:

3824764 Leica Elmarit-M 90
4081227 Leica Elmar-24-M
4112250 Leica Summilux 35 ASPH
5152626 Leica M10 Black
Leica E46 filterx2 (on the lenses)
Leica M10 Battery
Charger for Leica M10
HP Zbook 2017

I will also report to Leica.

Regards,

Joakim

Hi @Joakim,

I sent a personal message about this topic. Please, check Inbox.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 7:27 AM, mmx_2 said:

*Never leave valuables in any vehicles, even for a short time

*Never leave you camera bag unattended

*Do not bring more than an absolute minimum of gear when traveling

*Take pictures of your home regularly

*Scan all receipts of your gear

*Take regular backup of your data

*Make sure to have a very good insurance that also covers your gear when traveling for work

I don't think I will ever see anything of the gear, but my insurance company has been very helpful and I have been fully compensated financially. I have since this happend bought a new M10, Super-Elmar 21 (instead of my 24) and a Summilux 35. I don't think I will replace the 90mm because it was so rarely used.

Regarding the above - https://www.rangefinderonline.com/news-features/industry-news/photographers-robbed-traffic-san-francisco/?fbclid=IwAR3xVZqqnE4W_jZ2RnNrhwUIWyRUx6Lk5kB6vi8PCN7GkoQwmjgBMpLbZ_I

Smash and grab while stuck in traffic - nice. 

What a world we live in... 🤮

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1