SiOnara

M10-D and 1GB SC card

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there, 

I wondered if anyone has tried shooting 1GB SD cards on your M10-D? It would be like shooting a roll of film ie 30 or so RAW shots per card. 

I got a new Trascend 1GB SCHC card from Amazon but the camera didn't seem to like it and wouldn't format the card. 

If you have used 1GB cards what make did you opt for? 

Thanks 

I only use SanDisk in my Leica's.. Depending on the age of the camera, I use the appropriate Card.. Older cameras cannot always take advantage of the very Large or Fast Cards..  L

In my M10 manual (I don't have M10-D), mention it's necessary before using 1GB to 2GB formatting the SD card

in computer before inserting in the camera.

1 hour ago, a.noctilux said:

In my M10 manual (I don't have M10-D), mention it's necessary before using 1GB to 2GB formatting the SD card

I will give that a go. Thanks. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

True, but who would use such small cards in an M10?

Edited by pico

15 minutes ago, pico said:

One self-claimed impression is just one. Not significant. Discard.

He He. :  )

4 hours ago, SiOnara said:

Hi there, 

I wondered if anyone has tried shooting 1GB SD cards on your M10-D? It would be like shooting a roll of film ie 30 or so RAW shots per card. 

I got a new Trascend 1GB SCHC card from Amazon but the camera didn't seem to like it and wouldn't format the card. 

If you have used 1GB cards what make did you opt for? 

Thanks 

Just use a normal (larger memory) card but after 36 shots, take off the bottom plate and pretend you are changing a roll of film. *this is not a serious recommendation*

Seems like a very silly notion but whatever keeps you shooting is all that matters.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Worked. Thanks 🙂

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, pico said:

I didn't use it in my M10 but I want to experiment this in my M10-D. Thanks for your input though. 

Edited by SiOnara

8 hours ago, dkmoore said:

Seems like a very silly notion but whatever keeps you shooting is all that matters.

Takes the same amount of pics as a roll of film. I'll take 2 SC cards as I would take 2 rolls of film usually with my MP so kinda not that silly. 

Obviously I have 64GB cards etc but I thought it would be fun to experiment with this. Like you say whatever floats ones boat haha

Out of curiosity I put a 1GB SD card into my M10-D, it did not work. Neither with external separate formatting nor via the Fotos App formatting function, it only showed "0" capacity.

Now I have to go and try my Original Leica 256 MB card in one of my  cameras... :lol: if I can find it... :(

2 hours ago, AndreasG said:

Out of curiosity I put a 1GB SD card into my M10-D, it did not work. Neither with external separate formatting nor via the Fotos App formatting function, it only showed "0" capacity.

I formatted on my Mac to exFAT I think it was.

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

Now I have to go and try my Original Leica 256 MB card in one of my  cameras... :lol: if I can find it... :(

Whilst looking for a 1GB card I found a 64MB card in my Leica D-Lux 3. Enough for maybe 1 or 2 pics! 

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

Are you certain for 256 GB in place of 256 MB ?

I must have somewhere some 16MB SD cards from 2003-2004 which came with our first digital Canon 4Mpix.

I think this is a great idea SiOnara, After all the Leica MA comes with a roll of Tri-X. Leica should Package the M10-D with a Leica brandedcard that give you the equivalent of 36 exposures.

It would be a great marketing gimmick, very Das Wesentliche

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Kwesi:

Leica should Package the M10-D with a Leica brandedcard that give you the equivalent of 36 exposures.

Yes, and when full you mail it to Leica and a few weeks later you get an envelope with 36 B/W prints back...

3 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Are you certain for 256 GB in place of 256 MB ?

I must have somewhere some 16MB SD cards from 2003-2004 which came with our first digital Canon 4Mpix.

My typo, you're right...  😱  edited

I didn't find the Leica one, but I popped this one into my CL. It read the Casio files (CIMG) from 2004 without problem! 😲