Jump to content
SiOnara

M10-D and 1GB SC card

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there, 

I wondered if anyone has tried shooting 1GB SD cards on your M10-D? It would be like shooting a roll of film ie 30 or so RAW shots per card. 

I got a new Trascend 1GB SCHC card from Amazon but the camera didn't seem to like it and wouldn't format the card. 

If you have used 1GB cards what make did you opt for? 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only use SanDisk in my Leica's.. Depending on the age of the camera, I use the appropriate Card.. Older cameras cannot always take advantage of the very Large or Fast Cards..  L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my M10 manual (I don't have M10-D), mention it's necessary before using 1GB to 2GB formatting the SD card

in computer before inserting in the camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a.noctilux said:

In my M10 manual (I don't have M10-D), mention it's necessary before using 1GB to 2GB formatting the SD card

in computer before inserting in the camera.

I will give that a go. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

 

 

2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

 

True, but who would use such small cards in an M10?

Edited by pico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pico said:

 

True, but who would use such small cards in an M10?

One self-claimed impression is just one. Not significant. Discard.

He He. :  )

4 hours ago, SiOnara said:

Hi there, 

I wondered if anyone has tried shooting 1GB SD cards on your M10-D? It would be like shooting a roll of film ie 30 or so RAW shots per card. 

I got a new Trascend 1GB SCHC card from Amazon but the camera didn't seem to like it and wouldn't format the card. 

If you have used 1GB cards what make did you opt for? 

Thanks 

Just use a normal (larger memory) card but after 36 shots, take off the bottom plate and pretend you are changing a roll of film. *this is not a serious recommendation*

Seems like a very silly notion but whatever keeps you shooting is all that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

In my M10 manual (I don't have M10-D), mention it's necessary before using 1GB to 2GB formatting the SD card

in computer before inserting in the camera.

Worked. Thanks 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, pico said:

 

True, but who would use such small cards in an M10?

I didn't use it in my M10 but I want to experiment this in my M10-D. Thanks for your input though. 

Edited by SiOnara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dkmoore said:

 

Seems like a very silly notion but whatever keeps you shooting is all that matters.

Takes the same amount of pics as a roll of film. I'll take 2 SC cards as I would take 2 rolls of film usually with my MP so kinda not that silly. 

Obviously I have 64GB cards etc but I thought it would be fun to experiment with this. Like you say whatever floats ones boat haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity I put a 1GB SD card into my M10-D, it did not work. Neither with external separate formatting nor via the Fotos App formatting function, it only showed "0" capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I have to go and try my Original Leica 256 MB card in one of my  cameras... :lol: if I can find it... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndreasG said:

Out of curiosity I put a 1GB SD card into my M10-D, it did not work. Neither with external separate formatting nor via the Fotos App formatting function, it only showed "0" capacity.

I formatted on my Mac to exFAT I think it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jaapv said:

Now I have to go and try my Original Leica 256 MB card in one of my  cameras... :lol: if I can find it... :(

Whilst looking for a 1GB card I found a 64MB card in my Leica D-Lux 3. Enough for maybe 1 or 2 pics! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jaapv said:

Now I have to go and try my Original Leica 256 MB card in one of my  cameras... :lol: if I can find it... :(

Are you certain for 256 GB in place of 256 MB ?

I must have somewhere some 16MB SD cards from 2003-2004 which came with our first digital Canon 4Mpix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a great idea SiOnara, After all the Leica MA comes with a roll of Tri-X. Leica should Package the M10-D with a Leica brandedcard that give you the equivalent of 36 exposures.

It would be a great marketing gimmick, very Das Wesentliche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 15 Minuten schrieb Kwesi:

Leica should Package the M10-D with a Leica brandedcard that give you the equivalent of 36 exposures.

Yes, and when full you mail it to Leica and a few weeks later you get an envelope with 36 B/W prints back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Are you certain for 256 GB in place of 256 MB ?

I must have somewhere some 16MB SD cards from 2003-2004 which came with our first digital Canon 4Mpix.

My typo, you're right...  😱  edited

 

I didn't find the Leica one, but I popped this one into my CL. It read the Casio files (CIMG) from 2004 without problem! 😲

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...