New S1R Firmware Update

ron777

There was no information available describing the changes accomplished with Ver 1.2, but—and it may be illusory—it appears that S-AF is quicker.  I have yet to try C-AF.  I assume that the Lumix 70-200mm firmware update relates to the recently announced teleconverters?  I've updated the lens' firmware with, as expected, no visible change in function.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

According to Panasonic (for the S1R).

1. Improved performance of the Image Stabilizer
    - The correction performance of the Body Image Stabilizer has been improved from 5.5 stops to 6.0 stops. *1
    - The correction performance of the Dual I.S.2 has been improved from 6.0 stops to 6.5 stops. *2 *3
    *1 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction : focusing distance f=50mm , when S-X50 is used.]
    *2 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=105mm, when S-R24105 is used.]
    *3 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction : focusing distance f=200mm , when S-R70200 is used.]
  2. Improved AF performance
    - [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added.
    [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.
    - The tracking performance when using [Tracking] AF mode in video recording has been improved.
    - Live view display during auto focusing is now easier to see.
  3. Improved operational stability
    - Operational stability when using an XQD memory card has been improved.
Gordon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

According to Panasonic (for the S1R).

1. Improved performance of the Image Stabilizer
    - The correction performance of the Body Image Stabilizer has been improved from 5.5 stops to 6.0 stops. *1
    - The correction performance of the Dual I.S.2 has been improved from 6.0 stops to 6.5 stops. *2 *3
    *1 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction : focusing distance f=50mm , when S-X50 is used.]
    *2 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=105mm, when S-R24105 is used.]
    *3 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction : focusing distance f=200mm , when S-R70200 is used.]
  2. Improved AF performance
    - [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added.
    [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.
    - The tracking performance when using [Tracking] AF mode in video recording has been improved.
    - Live view display during auto focusing is now easier to see.
  3. Improved operational stability
    - Operational stability when using an XQD memory card has been improved.
Gordon

Thank you, I had not encountered the explanation on the download page.

Firmware update wouldn't take for me at first.  The problem was that I had been fooling around installing Lumix Synch (which is like Fotos, perhaps nicer in some ways, will have to explore...).  The fine print in the instructions for uploading firmware say, in addition to "don't touch any of the buttons while you're messing with the firmware", "turn off your Bluetooth!"  Once I did that, everything worked.  I wonder if Leica has put in that precaution for the Q2, which has Bluetooth plus WiFi.