Totally confused by TL60mm Macro AF.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm seriously considering this lens, could some kind owner do what 'Leica' themselves ought to have done and explain in detail what the user has to do to get this thing to AF and MF. I may be wrong but it would appear that the AF is in two halves, is this done manually or automatically. Does anything have to be set in the menus, etc, etc.

Or if there is and instruction somewhere, a link would be nice.

Thank you in anticipation.

4 hours ago, Dave in Wales said:

I'm seriously considering this lens, could some kind owner do what 'Leica' themselves ought to have done and explain in detail what the user has to do to get this thing to AF and MF. I may be wrong but it would appear that the AF is in two halves, is this done manually or automatically. Does anything have to be set in the menus, etc, etc.

I had this happen to me as well.  After several shots at very close range, I was unable to obtain distance focus - this was remedied by simply turning the manual focus ring and then the lens focused normally. I had NOT touched the focus limit on/off control at all.

5 hours ago, Dave in Wales said:

So I guess my explanation here wasn't up to the task?😉

2 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

So I guess my explanation here wasn't up to the task?😉

Actually, except for typing "slowly" twice - where "quickly" was intended in the first instance, your explanation was right on - just trouble finding these things sometimes!!

• Thanks 1